•party ponies save the day•

We arrived at Miami however long later, amongst mortals again. Annabeth grabbed a newspaper. "June eighteenth! We've been gone for ten days!"

"Thalia's tree must be dead," Grover wailed. "We have to get the Fleece back tonight!"

I slumped down on the sidewalk next to Annabeth and looked at my swollen ankle. We tried to put it in a splint on the water, but it was soaked so it didn't do much.

"Anyone have cash?" Percy asked.

We all shook our head, apart from Tyson who pulled out a huge bag of money. "I thought it was a feed bag for Rainbow."

Percy ran to the curb. "Clarisse, you're going to the airport, Annabeth, give her the Fleece."

Clarisse looked in shock. "You'd let me..."

"It's your quest." Percy said. "You have to get the Fleece back."

Clarisse stood before hopping in the cab. "You can count on me. I won't fail."

"Percy that was insane!" Annabeth grumbled.

"It was nice," I shrugged. "It's technically her quest, she deserves a chance."

Percy smiled down at me, just barley taller. "Thanks, Cor. Alright, let's find another way home."

We turned around to see Luke with a sword. "Hey, welcome back to the States."

I rubbed my thumb over my ring, ready to fight him if we had to.

•.•.•.•

Well, no fight happened, but now we're back on the cruise ship and had monsters surrounding us.

"And so, the Fleece," Luke grinned. "Where is it? Just give me the Fleece and I'll leave you to return to your little quest."

"Not here," Percy spat and I cursed him. "We sent it ahead of us. You messed up."

"You're lying, you could have..." his face reddened. "Clarisse?" Luke shouted. "Agrius! Prepare my steed. I need to fly to the Miami Airport, fast!"

"You've been toying with us all along," Percy said. "You wanted us to bring you the Fleece and save you the trouble of getting it."

"You tricked all of us!" Percy yelled. "Even Dionysus at Camp Half-Blood!"

A fountain began to shimmer and I knew what Percy was doing, especially when he drew his sword.

Luke sneered. "This is no time for heroics, Percy. Drop your little sword; or I'll kill you."

"Who poisoned Thalia's tree, Luke?"

"I did, of course." Luke practically snarled. "I used elder python venom, straight from the depths of Tartarus."

"Chiron had nothing to do with it?"

"Ha!" Luke grinned. "The old fool wouldn't have the guts! You don't understand! I was going to let you take the Fleece, once I was done with it."

I watched as the camp was in the Iris-Message, everyone in shock.

"You were going to heal Kronos," Percy said.

"Yes! The Fleece's magic would've sped his mending process by tenfold. But you haven't stopped us Percy. You've only slowed us down a little. You know this! Why do you keep asking me?"

"Because I want everyone in the audience to hear you."

"What audience?"

Everyone turned and saw, but Tantalus looked around at camp. "This could be a trick."

Mr. D looked at him. "It appears I shall have to reinstate Chiron as the activities director. I suppose I do miss the old horse's pinochle games. We are no longer in need of your services. You may return to the Underworld, you are dismissed."

Tantalus turned into mist and the campers burst into cheers, but Luke erased the message in anger. "You'll never leave this boat alive."

"One on one, what are you afraid of?" Percy challenged.

"I told you last summer, Percy," Luke said. "You can't bait me into a fight."

"And you keep avoiding one," Percy said, still trying to fight. "Scared your warriors will see you get whipped?"

Luke was trapped, it was either look weak or let Clarisse get the Fleece to camp. Luke raised his sword. "I'll kill you quickly."

I watched the two fight, exchanging hits and parries, and using their godly advantages as best as they could.

Luke turned to Oreius when all seemed lost. "You can eat your dinner now, Oreius."

The bear lifted Annabeth and I up in one arm, Grover in the other baring his teeth to us. Suddenly, a red-feathered arrow sprouted from his mouth and he crumbled. I shuffled away from him as centaurs charged across the deck.

"Ponies!" Tyson gleed with delight.

I saw Chiron among them as they charged around with different weapons and different patterns on their horse part.

Luke's monsters scattered everywhere as Luke was shoved into the pool, the centaurs causing all Hades to break loose.

Chiron picked Annabeth, Grover and I up on his back, and Annabeth and I drew our weapons to help the centaurs attack.

"Withdraw, brethren!" Chiron shouted as they dove off the ship and onto the docks, shouting taunts to the ship as we rode away.

"Chiron!" I shouted as he set us down when we reached a camp. "That was crazy!"

Percy came over to us sitting at a picnic blanket. "You saved us."

"You are all true heroes, though nobody has won the battle today. We will fix Percy and Coriane up, then ride to Camp."

Annabeth and Grover walked off to talk with Tyson as Chiron made me a proper splint and made sure nothing else was wrong.

It seemed like Chiron needed to talk to Percy, so I hobbled my way over to Annabeth.

She gave me a side hug. "With our sheer dumb luck, we managed to escape."

I laughed. "Yeah, seems like it. I always think we have bad luck but it manages to work out in the end."

Annabeth smiled contently. "Now all that's left is to get to camp and see that Thalia's tree is back to its normal pine tree self."