•plans get ruined•

I had the cutest outfit on that I could find. A loose pink shirt with jean shorts and converses was perfect for a trip to the movies with my best friend, Percy Jackson. Silena helped me but my hair into a half-up half-down look and put on mascara almost stabbing my eyes out with the wand.

Percy had a school orientation with Goode High, a school I might attend but my dad and Sam were still looking, but I'd probably be going there to stay close to Percy when we weren't at camp.

I opted to skip out on orientation and have Percy tell me everything that happened, well, anything that was important. Percy's mom was dating a teacher so we got a little leeway which was nice.

Apart from the fact he didn't know we were demigods... that might cause issues.

I couldn't contain my excitement as I neared the school, we'd meet up here and head to the movies for the day, it was going to be so fun.

I got ran into and was ready to glare, but it was Percy. I grinned and grabbed his shoulders. "You're out early!"

He stared down at me out of breath as he looked down, but turned away when someone else came running.

Some red head girl.

I let go of his shoulders and my grin slowly faded from my face as I looked between the two of them, then back at the school as smoke came from it.

I didn't know why my heart seemed to tug a little, why I got so tense that he was probably fighting monsters with some other girl, but it happened.

Percy looked between the two of us. "Rachel, this is Coriane. Cor, this is Rachel."

I heard sirens wail and I grabbed his hand. "Percy we need to go."

Rachel grabbed his arm and conveniently had a pen to write her number across his arm. "You're going to call me and explain everything!"

I stared and then dropped his hand to walk away.

"Hey, there's were these two empousia," Percy said as he jogged to catch up. "That girl can see through the Mist."

I nodded. "Look, our plans are off. We need to get to camp before the police find you."

I glanced up at him, his face falling even more than I thought possible, but he nodded with me.

•.•.•.•

"Grover's at camp." Was the first and only thing I said to Percy on our taxi ride to camp.

As we trekked up Half-Blood Hill, I greeted Peleus, our young dragon, who was half dozing around a tree.

I smiled down at Camp, the campers who didn't attend full year and only summer session came last Friday, which meant Percy had already missed out on a few days of fun.

I looked back at him. "I need to see Annabeth, maybe Clarisse too. I'll tell Chiron you're here."

I was still upset with him and I didn't even know why. He was allowed to have friends who were girls, but the way she held him, looked at him, casually gave him her number, it was horrible.

I ran away from him before he could say anything else.

•.•.•.•

At the council meeting, Juniper was sobbing as I tried to console her, trying to assure her Grover would be okay.

I had been glad Grover had met her and been happy, but it was strange to become friends with a dryad considering I always saw them teasing the satyrs, not being head over heels for them.

Clarisse and Annabeth were with me. Annabeth was also trying to assure her, but Clarisse was making sure Juniper didn't attack the Elders. Once again, it was strange for Clarisse to be so close to me without trying to kill me, or preventing others from fighting.

As Grover walked back to us, Juniper leapt at him. "Those old goats! Oh, Grover, they don't know how hard you've tried!"

Clarisse looked at him. "There's always another option, considering you only have a week."

Juniper scowled at the daughter of Ares. "He won't go there! I won't let him."

Grover looked pale. "I'll have to think about it, we don't even know where to look."

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked, looking between us.

I looked over at him and I realized just how out of the loop he was and it was like all my frustration melted away. "I'll tell you later. We have to get to our cabins, inspection is starting."