•ouch•

Instead of the Vespa, Percy called his Pegasus, Blackjack, and another for me, Porkpie (weird name). We flew them to the bridge.

There was a knot in my stomach. It had been about four years since he was last killed and I was hoping he wouldn't return for a while, but whatever was happening with the Titan army must've sped it up.

We saw the battle before we could make out people. The moon was starting to fall in the sky, meaning it was well past midnight, but the bridge blazed as if it was noon. Fire was everywhere it was almost blinding.

Finally, I saw the dreaded beast. "There!"

He clearly saw us too as he flung a limo at us and I held onto Porkpies mane as we swerved to the left. We landed in the back lines of the Apollo cabin and Micheal greeted us.

He was grinning even though he had bandages and an almost empty quiver. "Glad you could join us, where are the others?"

"We're it!" I grinned.

"We're so dead."

"You still have your flying chariot?"

"No. It wasn't worth fighting over so I gave it to Clarisse. But apparently I was too late and once she said she wasn't fighting, I called her a ton of names, that didn't help."

Percy groaned. "She'll come to her senses hopefully. Her honor will be ruined more if she refuses to fight."

Micheal scoffed. "Yeah, well, we have to fall back. Kayla and Austin are setting up straps down the bridge."

Percy shook his head. "Bring your campers to this position and wait for my signal. We're driving them back to Brooklyn."

Micheal laughed. "How do you plan to do that?"

Percy drew his sword. "Coriane, you help Micheal with defense, I'll distract the monsters and you can pick them off. I believe in you."

I nodded to Percy, but I didn't like leaving him. "All right. Get moving."

Percy didn't move though. "Don't I get a kiss for luck?"

I glared at him for a moment before sighing. I gave him a quick and short kiss on the cheek. "Come back to me alive and we'll see about anything else."

But Percy was fine with it as he grinned and nodded before running off.

•.•.•.•

I watched Percy defeat the Minotaur so easily it looked more like any other monster, and it was amusing to watch. I helped the Apollo cabin set up more traps and figure out our action plan, gathering some arrows that weren't completely ruined.

Micheal and I talked more about what was happening with Clarisse and camp in general, how crazy everything had been.

I hated it, but I took a fallen campers bow and quiver, hoping my archery skills weren't too bad, and fired with the cabin. Anytime a monster came close, I quickly pulled out my sword and turned them to dust.

The army faded and they retreated but Percy wasn't done. He chased, and I yelled, "pull back! They're leaving, we need to regroup!"

He faltered and I realized why. Down the bridge was a man with molten gold eyes and a wicked smile.

Kronos.

"Retreat!" Percy shouted.

The Apollo cabin retreated, probably wise, but I couldn't leave Percy, not now. Something called to me that I was needed, that I needed to be here with him.

I was fighting beside him, like we always did if it was a game of capture the flag or during a quest, it was how we spent every summer.

I didn't want to kill the enemies, they were no longer monsters, they were demigods who had been tricked, I knew all their faces.

In one swift moment, when I wasn't paying attention fully, a demigod held a knife and charged to Percy. I quickly dove to it, blocking the blade with my arm and cried in pain.

I crumbled to the ground, holding my bleeding arm. I looked above to see Ethan and the pain intensified. I sobbed at the blood soaked through my shirt and through my fingers, the pain searing.

I was lifted up by Blackjack who made noises of what I assumed was trying to figure out where to land.

Eventually he did and Silena started screaming. "Cor, oh my gods! What happened?"

I couldn't even respond to her as I cried. I heard faint voices before eventually I got dragged into darkness and away from the pain.