•the stars•

We landed in a field and Artemis kneeled over Zoë doing the best to tend to her wounds.

Zoë stared up at the goddess, her goddess. "Have I served thee well?"

"With great honor," Artemis said softly, sadly. "The finest of my attendants."

Zoë seemed to calm. "Rest, at last."

I sat next to her, my eyes welling with tears.

I did not like Zoë Nightshade when I first met her, she was stuck up, absorbed in her goddess, hated me and my friends it seemed.

But she was a devout Hunter, she strived to protect her goddess til the end of the line. Zoë must've known the prophecy was about her, yet she still took it to save the one person who truly mattered.

Zoë Nightshade was loyal, compassionate, caring, and although we all had our conflicts and differences, she was a friend. She was my friend.

Zoë smiled at the sky. "I can see the stars again, my lady."

Artemis nodded as a tear went down her face. "Yes, my brave one. They are beautiful tonight."

"Stars," Zoë repeated.

Her eyes were fixed on the night sky, the softest smile playing on her lips.

She did not move again.

I held back a sob and Percy gave me a side hug, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder as I used my good arm to cover my mouth.

Artemis muttered words in Greek over Zoë, and her body shimmered and faded away, until suddenly it was like a new consolation appeared in the sky.

A girl with a bow, running across the night sky.

"Let the world honor you, my Huntress," Artemis said. "Live forever in the stars."

Artemis sighed and looked to us. "I must go to Olympus immediately. I will not be able to take you, but I will send help."

Artemis left and three pegasi appeared, two white, one black.

Percy helped me onto the black one, Thalia and Annabeth going to the other two, and we took off, leaving Dr. Chase to return home.

We were silent most of the trip until finally arriving at New York, well, more like we arrived at Olympus.

The pegasi dropped us off in the courtyard before huge silver gates. I hadn't been to Olympus in forever, it still amazed me at how beautiful the place was, I wished I could live here forever.

We stood before the opens gates like we had when this whole thing started at Westover Hall. I knew the gods probably wanted to blast us into dust which didn't give any of us high hopes.

Yet, we all walked in.

•.•.•.•

The throne room looked exactly like camp, in the set up at least. Twelve thrones with a hearth in the middle, the stars shining above, including Zoë.

Artemis looked at us. "Welcome, heroes."

The gods and goddess turned to face us, my mom went from a fierce glare to a loving gaze as her eyes landed on me, at least I had her. She was beautiful, everything I wasn't even if she was my mother. I knew I was seeing her how I wanted to, but how could I, a child of the goddess of love and beauty, look so... not beautiful?

Grover was right next to Zeus, and after gaining permission, ran right over to us. Bessie was swimming in his own water orb, mooing happily.

I spaced out as I studied each of the gods. Hera had hair so white it was almost silver, her dress shined like a peacock. Demeter was dressed in green robes that looked like the perfect grass green.

Hermes broke me from my thoughts. "Look, who's in favor the not blast them to bits?"

Artemis and Demeter rose their hands.

"We will not kill my daughter and her friends!" My mom snapped. "They have done a great service, why punish them?"

"I am proud of my daughter as much as yours, however the other two are a security risk." Athena said, gray eyes staring Percy and Thalia down. "It's unfortunate my father and Poseidon chose to break their oath not have more children. Only Hades kept his word, a fact I find ironic. As we know from the Great Prophecy, children of the three elder gods are dangerous."

"I will not have them punished," Artemis said, looking at the council. "They shall be rewarded, if we destroy heroes who do us a great favor, we are no better than the Titans. If this is Olympian justice, I will have none of it."

The gods discussed Bessie, and Percy frowned. "You can't kill Bessie! He's done nothing!"

Poseidon looked at his son. "Percy, the monsters power is considerable. If the Titans were the steal it or..."

"You can't. Controlling the prophecies never work, isn't that true? The Ophiotartus is innocent, killing it is wrong. It's just like Kronos eating his children because of something they might do. It's wrong!"

I nodded. "You have to trust him!"

Zeus scowled at me. "Trust a hero?"

"Coriane is right," Artemis said. "Which is why I must first make a reward. My faithful companion, Zoë Nightshade, had passed into the stars, I must have a new lieutenant, and I intend to choose one. But first, father Zeus, I must speak to you."

Percy looked at me. "Coriane, don't."

I frowned at him. "What?"

"I couldn't stands it..." Percy trailed. "I don't want you to-"

I grabbed his arm. "Percy? You look like you're going to be sick."

Artemis looked to us. "I shall have a new lieutenant, if she will accept."

I looked up at the goddess.

"Thalia," Artemis said. "Daughter of Zeus, will you join the Hunt?"

I grinned for my friend, looking at her as she fought a smile.

"I will," Thalia nodded.

Zeus looked at his daughter. "Consider well-"

"Father, I will not turn sixteen tomorrow, I will never turn sixteen. I won't let the prophecy be mine. I stand with my sister. Kronos will never tempt me again." She pledged and knelt to the goddess.

Thalia hugged me, and I wanted to cry. I was sad I'd never spend all my days with her, but I was so, so happy for her to get what she wanted.

After a final vote, the gods chose to not kill us (yay!). So, we celebrated instead.