•percy bribes a man•

DOA RECORDING STUDIOS

NO SOLICITORS, NO LOITERING.

NO LIVING.

That last one was definitely making me want to leave.

It was almost midnight, but the lobby was so bright and full of people. Behind the desk, there was a guard with sunglasses and some earpiece.

Percy turned to us. "Okay. You remember the plan."

"The plan," Grover gulped. "Yeah. I love the plan."

I said, "What if the plan doesn't work?"

"Don't think negative."

"Right," I scoffed. "We're entering the Land of the Dead, and I shouldn't think negative."

Percy looked slightly sad and pulled out these pearl like things out of his pocket. I shouldn't of said that.

"I'm sorry, Percy. You're right. We'll make it. It'll be fine."

I nudged Annabeth. "Oh, right! We got this far. We'll find the master bolt and save your mom, no problem."

Percy looked at us and his expression changed. I was glad I could make him feel better.

Percy shoved the pearls back in his pocket. "Let's whup some Underworld butt."

We then walked inside.

Everything about this place was boring. Everything was gray, and small cactuses grew in the corners. There were people everywhere, and when I looked around they were normal, but when I focused, they were almost transparent.

We looked up at the security guy. He was tall, bleached hair, sunglasses, and a suit.

Percy read his name tag. "Your name is Chiron?"

Is he an idiot?

The dude leaned over the table. "What a precious young lad. Tell me, mate, do I look like a centaur?"

"N-no."

"Sir,"

"Sir,"

He pointed to his name tag. "Can you read this, mate? It says C-H-A-R-O-N. Say it with me: CARE-ON."

"Charon."

"Amazing! Now, Mr. Charon."

"Mr. Charon."

"Well done," Charon said after giving Percy a little lesson. "I hate being confused with that old horse-man. And now, how may I help you little dead ones?"

Percy looked at me and Annabeth for support.

"We want to go to the Underworld," Annabeth said quickly.

"Well, that's refreshing."

"Is it?"

"Straight forward and honest. No screaming. No 'There must be a mistake, Mr. Charon.' How did you die then?"