•a little shocking•

Roughly five hundred Party Ponies answered our call, but that wasn't enough still. We had a command tent set up outside the doors to the Empire State Building, and a two block perimeter, but that's all we could afford.

I looked at our map. "We don't have the element of surprise anymore, Kronos knows our deck, and we know his but he has an endless amount of cards, we have... like half a deck."

Chiron's face darkened. "The gods are getting worse. Dionysus went down somewhere in the Appalachians, we haven't heard from him since. Hephaestus is out as well, he created a new lake from how hard he fell. The others still fight but Typhon will arrive tomorrow at this time. Once he and Kronos are together..."

"We can't afford to lose," Annabeth said. "We win, tonight, tomorrow morning, but we will not lose, not after everything we've done."

I held her hand, but she needed a distraction. "Go set up traps with Thalia. Talk to her about what the Hunters need."

Annabeth smiled at me, walking off to our friend, Chiron following to check on his centaurs.

"At least your mom is okay," Percy said once we were alone.

"I suppose," I sighed. "But I'm starting to think-"

"I know." He hesitated. "Hestia showed me some visions."

I knew what he meant. "Luke?"

"When you first met."

"He promised he'd never let us get hurt, he said we'd be a family, better than his."

"Thalia is afraid that you and Annabeth—"

"Won't be able to face Luke." I said. "But I know we can."

"But Annabeth is more..."

"Annabeth can." I insisted. "Because if she can't, I can't. She has to be able to."

He nodded. "Well, Ethan seemed to think Luke was still alive, fighting Kronos in his body."

I hated he told me that, it gave me hope that I didn't need. "I'd always felt I couldn't trust anyone. Then I met Annabeth, Thalia and Luke and I had a family but it fell apart. I think that's why I want to be an author maybe, I don't know what I want to be, really."

"You want to write perfect families who don't betray each other, who would do anything?"

"There's my fatal flaw."

"I kind of understand, but he's betrayed you so much. I don't want him to hurt you, Cor."

I was happy he said that, but at the same time upset. "And you'll understand why I hope you're wrong sometimes."

Percy turned away to look at our defenses, and I returned to looking at my map, trying to find ways we could flank them. Then he turned back around and stared at me. "What?"

"Um..." then he glanced around and bolted.

"Percy!" I called. "What?" When I caught up, I saw Sally and Paul passed out in a car. I held Percy. "We'll get Chiron to help."

With his help, we pushed the car but then Pandora's jar appeared. I had been told of what happened at the Plaza, but I was fading in and out. "I thought you left that?"

Chiron looked grim. "This jar will follow you and tempt you when you are weakest."

Whatever Percy went to say was interrupted as a helicopter with DARE written on the side flew in. "How is she even here?"

I was annoyed and I seriously needed to punch that girl. Has the audacity to play dumb about Percy and I then kiss him.

Annabeth had ran over. "I kinda know how to fly. Get me up there and I can save your... friend."

•.•.•.•

I watched from the ground as Annabeth flew a helicopter into the side of a building. Rachel came out, but I didn't care for her, I helped Annabeth out of the helicopter and then looked over my shoulder. "Yeah, see you later, Seaweed Brain."

He smiled at the name but faltered. "Wait, Lover Girl! Hold on!"

Rachel curled her nose. "Lover Girl? What are you, dating?"

"Basically!" Annabeth scoffed.

"Literally anything but a label?" I added.

Percy looked desperate. "Cor, please, can we talk?"

I felt a sudden urge, maybe it's one of those weird Aphrodite things Silena would mention sometimes. I grabbed Percy and kissed him quickly, but long enough for his stiffness to melt into well... less stiff.

I pulled away from him and shot a smirk to Rachel, then looked back. "We can talk later and maybe if everything goes well, you can get another?"

Percy nodded eagerly, more lovesick than I felt. "Oh gods please, I love it when you do that."

Annabeth dragged me away, grinning and laughing. "Oh you so did that to get back at her."

I laughed as we walked away. "Of course I did! But I also like kissing my not official boyfriend."

We both kept on laughing as we walked to the hotel to get some much needed rest.