•we go to a casino•

Annabeth shook me awake. "The truck's stopped, we think they're coming to check on the animals. So, you know, hide!"

And just like that she disappeared.

Grover pulled me behind some sacks and I hoped we didn't get caught.

I looked to my side to see Percy looking right at me, but quickly turned away when we locked eyes.

"You hot, big boy?" The man asked and splashed water on the lion. The lion roared at him. "Yeah, yeah, yeah."

The guy then threw a happy meal at the antelope. He then turned to the zebra. "How ya doing, stripes? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. You like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

Suddenly, there was a loud knocking on the side of the truck.

"What do you want, Eddie?"

A guy outside, who must've been Eddie, shouted back, "Maurice? What'd ya say?"

"What are you banging for?"

There was more knocking. "What banging?"

Maurice left and Annabeth appeared by us. "This transport business can't be legal."

"No kidding," Grover said. He paused and looked like he was listening to something. "The lion says these guys are animal smugglers!"

"We've got to free them!" I said. We all looked at Percy, waiting for his answer.

Percy grabbed his sword and slashed open the zebras cage. It came out, bowed, and leaped out into the street.

We looked out to see a zebra galloping down a street lined with hotels and casinos.

Oh my gods we just let a zebra run loose in Las Vegas.

Maurice and Eddie ran after him, with police also shouting at them.

"Now would be a good time to leave," Annabeth said.

"The other animals first."

The locks were cut for the other animals. "Good luck."

The lion and antelope ran down the streets together and people started screaming.

"Will the animals be okay? I mean, the desert and all-"

"Don't worry, I placed a satyrs sanctuary on them."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning they'll reach the wild safely," Grover explained. "They'll find water, food, shade, whatever they need until they find a safe place to live."

"Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?"

"It only works on wild animals."

"So it would only affect Percy," I reasoned.

"Hey!"

"Kidding," I smiled. "Come on. Let's get out of this filthy truck."

We passed the streets of Las Vegas as people admired the animals running wild.