•summer events•

Silena helped me look my best on my group of four and our big day. She curled my hair and put some makeup on. She placed my laurel wreath on and smiled at me.

"Perfect," she hugged me. "Now, run along to the others, wouldn't want you to be late to your own feast."

I laughed and ran out of the cabin to the mess hall, where Annabeth, Grover and Percy were all waiting.

Grover bleated. "Finally, Coriane. What took you so long?"

"I let Silena style my hair and put makeup on, sorry." I shrugged. "She really wanted to, how could I say no?"

Annabeth grinned. "You couldn't say no to Silena if your life depended on it."

Percy looked slightly awkward.

I looked over to him. "So, it went well with Zeus, I suppose?"

He nodded. "More or less. I got to talk to my dad though. I couldn't say hi to your mom, sorry."

"It's alright, I figured it anyway."

After a little bit, we had a feast in our honor, which led to the bonfire, where we burned our burial shrouds.

Mine was pink silk with little doves and some small swords in it, no doubt Silena's making.

Percy looked at mine. "It's a shame not to bury you in it."

I punched him. "You want me dead?"

His eyes widened. "No! It's just it's so beautiful!"

I arched an eyebrow. "Sure, seaweed brain."

I turned my attention back to the ceremony, where I burned my shroud.

Then us seemed normal. We had our normal sing along with s'mores around the fire, and I was surrounded by friends.

Grover had all his satyr buddies, admiring his new searchers licenses he was given.

It was a great time, really.

The night ended and I resumed my normal activities like I hadn't just been on a quest.

A week after I got back, I got a letter, not from my dad, but from Samantha.

I unfolded the letter and frowned as I read it.

Dear Coriane,

I see you've made quite the name for yourself as an unnamed friend of Percy Jackson. I'm glad to know the Half-Blood life is treating you fairly well.
Since you've been on the news, your father has been more of a mess about you then usual. He longs for you to return home, just for school years, if that.
I know you may wish to not believe it, trust me, I was the same way, but come back. I promise you, he's changed.
I know what he did to you in the past with how he acted was horrible, but I'm afraid if you don't come back, he'll lose himself. He now understands why everything happened to you as a child, I explained it to him as simply as I could, and he feels awful.
Just come to the address below anytime, our doors are always open.

Sincerely,
Samantha Tucker.

I looked at the address, the same one from the letter my dad had sent me. I knew what I had to do, it was a matter of when, and how.

•.•.•.•

The Fourth of July came around the corner, and I kept pushing off possibly writing back to my dad and Samantha.

Percy and I were laying out a picnic blanket to watch the fireworks the Hephaestus kids had set up. Annabeth was hanging out with her cabin for a little bit before coming over to us, so it was just us two.