•we attempt to purchase water beds•

We took a bus to West Hollywood to get to the DOA Recording Studio, but the driver never heard of it.

He looked at me and Percy. "You two remind me of people I saw on TV. You guys child actors or something."

"Uh... we're stun doubles... for a lot of child actors."

"Oh! That explains it."

We thanked him and got off the bus, trying to find DOA.

We had no luck, but we had to duck in alleys to avoid cops.

We kept walking, but I stopped when Percy was staring at some TV's.

"...the last known photo of this troubled young fugitive and his accomplices."

I looked to see a picture of us outside the diner, talking to Ares. "Who are the other children in this photo? Who is the man with them? Is Percy Jackson a delinquent, a terrorist, or perhaps the brainwashed victim of a frightening new cult? When we come back, we chat with a leading child psychologist. Stay tuned, America."

Grover yanked us away from the TV's.

Oh gods what if my dad saw those pictures and regretted inviting me back to live with him?

It's not like I was going to go back anyway.

We hurried past an alley when a voice called, "Hey, you."

My instincts told me to keep walking, but Percy stopped.

And then we were surrounded by a bunch of teenagers, wearing rich clothes with ugly, mean faces.

Apart from this one tall dude, he was good looking.

Anyway, Percy proceeded to uncap his sword, and the kids all backed off.

But the tall dude was stupid and charged at Percy, even as he held a sword.

Percy then swung at him, but the sword went right through him.

"What the..." and his shook turned to anger.

"Run!" Percy yelled.

I took no time in running, shoving some kids out of my way. We turned a sharp corner.

"There!" I shouted and pointed at a random business.

I didn't even try to read the sign.

"Crusty's Water Bed Palace?" Grover translated for us. We ran inside and the kids ran right by the store. "I think we lost them."

A voice behind us boomed, "Lost who?"

I jumped and turned around to see a guy who was huge. He was bald, had skin that looked gray, thick-lidded eyes and a cold smile.

"I'm Crusty,"

"Sorry to barge in," Percy told him. "We were just, um, browsing."

"You mean hiding from those no-good kids," he grumbled to us. "They hang around every night. I get a lot of people in here, thanks to them. Say, you want to look at a water bed?"

We all started to shake our heads, but he steered us deeper into the store.

He showed us a bed with lava lamps built into the headboard with black sheets. "This is my most popular model. Million hand massage, go on, try it out. Shoot, take a nap. I don't care. No business today, anyway."

"Um I don't think..." Percy started.

"Million hand massage!" Grover cried and jumped on it. "Oh, you guys! This is so cool."

"Hmm," Crusty said and stroked his chin. "Almost, almost."

"Almost what?" Percy asked.

Crusty looked at Annabeth. "Do me a favor and try this one over here, honey. Might fit."

"But what—"

He patted her on the shoulder and took her to another model with lions carved into the frame with leopard sheets. When Annabeth didn't lay down, he push her.

He looked around before grabbing my arm and yanking me to a bed with a black frame and a tie-dye comforter.

"Hey!" I protested.

Crusty snapped his fingers. "Ergo!"

Ropes sprang up and latched onto my body, holding my arms, legs, and whole body down.

I struggled against the ropes, but it was useless.

Crusty snapped again, and more ropes latched onto my ankles and around my shoulders, as the other ones left. Suddenly, it felt like my body was behind torn into two as I was pulled from both ends.

"Percy!" I yelled when I noticed he was still up and ready.

I couldn't hear over Grover yelling and Annabeth grunting as she lashed at her ropes some more, but I did notice Percy complimenting Crusty on the water beds.

"Percy!" I yelled at him. We were about to get our bodies torn in half, and he was complimenting the man. "What are you doing?"

"Don't mind her, she's impossible."

I officially hate Percy Jackson.

They talked some more, then he pulled out an axe.

They talked some more and walked towards a bed.

Was Percy really about to go on a bed.

I felt myself get lightheaded and it reminded me of capture the flag almost.

I looked over after hearing some commotion and saw Crusty being pulled by ropes onto a bed.

Oh my gods Percy was actually doing something smart.

Percy pulled out his sword, and chopped off his head.

He came over and broke the ropes. I sat up and groaned.

I glared at Percy. "Maybe try to hurry up next time?"

"Come on," Percy told us and made his way to leave.

"Give is a minute," Grover complained. "We were almost stretched to death."

"Then you're ready for the Underworld," Percy said. "It's only a block from here."