Chapter 10

With the work load being particularly heavy due to it being their O

With the work load being particularly heavy due to it being their O.W.L. year, the two pairs of twins find themselves sitting together at breakfast, passing their notes back and forth to ensure that each of the four of them don't miss any of the important details. Castor and Pollux choose to join Fred and George at the Gryffindor table, much to the displeasure of their Head of Houses, but are left alone anyways. Castor suspects this is due to the Weasley twins actually settling down for a small period of the day, completing homework and essays instead of planning their next pranks, which they actually whisper about in low voices, causing Castor to giggle behind her hands at some of their ideas. Harry, Ron, and Hermione usually seat themselves across from their older counterparts, with Ron complaining about Crookshanks' continued efforts to get a hold of his rat.

This morning, Harry seats himself down with a huff, causing Castor to glance up at him as she flipped through her notes, looking for the right page. Hermione and Ron not far behind him.

"What's the matter?" She asked, handing the correct paper off to George on her right, who takes it from her hands silently. She leans forward to take a bite of her eggs before letting her fork clatter back onto her plate to continue writing.

"We've just had our first lesson with Trelawney yesterday." Hermione was obviously offput by the beady-eyed woman as well. "Honestly, she said I don't have much of an aura, and that I wasn't suited for Divination." She crossed her arms over her chest. Pollux chuckled lowly, causing Fred and George to do the same.

"We're studying tasseomancy." Ron took a bite of his bacon.

"And what, pray tell, did you see in your tea leaves?" Castor smirked knowingly.

"She said Harry had 'The Grim'." Ron grumbled under his breath. Pollux laughed again, unable to contain himself.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, Harry." George spoke up from her right.

"Professor Trelawney predicts the death of a student every year." Fred chimed in from her left.

"That's what Professor McGonagall said too." Harry pushed around his breakfast, taking small bites.

"It's her yearly tradition." Castor laughed now too, her hand moving across the page quickly.

"Who was it in your 3rd year?" Harry asked.

"Me." Pollux spoke up from the other side of George. "And yet, here I sit." He gestured his hands out to the side.

"In all your shining, sarcastic glory." Castor laughed and was glad to see her joke put a smile on Harry's face again.

It was in this moment, that Remus chose to enter the Great Hall, taking careful steps not to look conspicuous. The full moon was coming up soon, and he felt an ache deep within his bones with every step. He made his way to the teacher's table, choosing to sit next to the Gryffindor Head of House.