Chapter 34

Pollux Dio Jones didn't like confrontation

Pollux Dio Jones didn't like confrontation. It wasn't that he was afraid or unwilling to fight someone (there's a difference between a wizard duel and a physical fight), he just preferred to outwit someone with words and knowledge rather than brute strength. Despite his bulking frame and knack for quidditch, the Slytherin chaser would rather let someone else bloody their knuckles than get his own hands dirty.

That is, until someone decided to talk shit about his family.

It started in the Great Hall, at the Slytherin table, over dinner. Castor and Harry were nowhere to be seen, fortunately for him. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't hold his tongue anymore.

"I heard they've been sneaking off the to library every night."

"I heard she's been bribing Ludo Bagman."

"Someone in my charms class said she was caught sneaking out of the Gryffindor common room last night."

Pollux heard the whispers throughout the Great Hall. Normally he would choose to ignore it. Normally, he would take these whispers with a grain of salt and continue on with his night. He knew his twin sister better than anyone, and he knew Harry almost as well. Pollux Dio Jones didn't feel the need to intervene in any school rumors, because he knew the truth. He knew that his sister and Harry were studying and preparing for their first task at the end of the week. He would sit quietly and-

"She's the top of her class?" Pollux turned to see one of the Durmstrang students seated towards the end of the table. His large, crooked nose was upturned haughtily as he spoke with none other than Blaise Zabini. The younger Slytherin student was seated between Crabbe and Goyle, with Malfoy a few seats down, Pansy Parkinson hanging off his arm as usual. "She's so small." The Durmstrang student laughed, his Bulgarian accent giving a slight tilt in his words. "I don't expect that she will last past the first task." He laughed again, and this time, Blaise and his group of friends joined in. Pollux curiously noticed that Malfoy hardly cracked a smile.

"Truthfully, I've heard that she's been giving favors to her professors for better marks." Blaise put his hand up to his mouth as if he was hiding the information from others around them, but since he didn't lower his volume at all it was quite a useless gesture.

"Yes, because Professor Binns would love a blowjob from my sister." Pollux snarked loudly as he glared at Blaise. "Or would you prefer to ask Professor McGonagall about how she feels about my sister's academic abilities in class?"

"You sound a bit jealous." The Durmstrang student turned to him, another haughty smirk on his face. "Perhaps if you ask nicely, she will offer you a favor as well."

"She's my twin sister, you halfwit." Pollux corrected him. The Durmstrang students looked quiet offended for a moment before he smirked at glanced back at Malfoy.

"I hear it is common for pure-blood families to, how you say, breed amongst themselves."

"It used to be." Pollux couldn't help his own smirk that stretched across his lips. "That must be why you're so slow to realize that my sister is going to win this tournament." Now the Durmstrang boy was angry, and visibly so. He stood from the table, walking slowly to lean over Pollux, who was still seated at the table.