Chapter 53

"Now is not the time

"Now is not the time." The Minister tried to push Pollux and Castor back way from the Headmaster, of whom was still kneeled beside Amos Diggory.

"Now is exactly the time! We have to move quickly!" Pollux snapped at the Minister.

"A boy has just been killed. Surely whatever business you have can wait."

"I know!" Castor's voice crackled harshly as she spoke. She coughed as her throat stung with sharp pain, more blood pooling from her lips. "I watched him die. I was there!" Her voice cracked again. Professor Snape came up beside them then, waving a hand to the Minister.

"Mr. Jones is one of my students, I will take care of this." The Minister glared at both Jones twins as he slinked off back to speak to Elphias. Professor Snape moved to stand in front of them, blocking anyone else from their conversation.

"Harry is still in danger."

"Of course he's still in danger. If the Dark Lord had truly returned-"

"Your stock room has been particularly low on ingredients for Polyjuice potion, has it not?" Castor interrupted. Professor Snape's expression turned to one of understanding, and he immediately turned and leaned down to whisper into Dumbledore's ear. The Headmaster stood, moving Arthur Weasley to take his place beside Amos Diggory, and stood to his feet.

"Minerva, Severus, with me!" Dumbledore called for his closest confidants as he waved for Castor and Pollux to lead the way towards the castle. The dew covered grass was slippery under her feet, but with the help from her twin, Castor pushed her body to keep moving, to make her way up the stairs of the castle and towards the DADA classroom. With a loud blast of the door, Dumbledore burst through into Moody's office just in time for Pollux to wave his own wand.

"Stupefy!" Pollux launched the looming form of Professor Moody away from Harry's cowering form in the corner, the crazed imposter landing across the room against the wall. "Are you alright, Harry? Did he hurt you?" Pollux questioned. Harry shook his head, his eyes landing on Castor who still hadn't taken her eyes off imposter-Moody's limp form in the corner.

Dumbledore surged forward, wand drawn as he gripped the neck of the man who tried to kill his students. "Severus!" He called for the potions master. Professor Snape popped the top of a flask in his hand, dumping the contents down the imposter's throat as he choked. Dumbledore wasted no time in questioning him. "Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore shook him by the scruff of his neck.

"Albus Dumbledore." Moody grit out reluctantly.

"Are you Alastor Moody?" Dumbledore interrogated. "Are you?"

"No."

"Is he in this room?" Dumbledore shook him when he tried to resist the Veritaserum. "Is he in this room?" Unwillingly, the imposter's false eye whirled around to land on the large chest in the corner, the same one Harry had been cowering behind. Dumbledore waved him away from the chest, and the boy scrambled behind the protective arms of Professor McGonagall. Pollux shifted Castor's arm over his shoulder, adjusting his grip around her waist. Harry moved to support her other side.