Chapter 43

Pollux Dio Jones found that he very much enjoyed the company of Eliza Nicole Perkins

Pollux Dio Jones found that he very much enjoyed the company of Eliza Nicole Perkins. The weekend after the Yule Ball, he'd formally asked her out on a proper date. With a bright smile, she'd agreed.

As soon as his last class ended, he took the stairs into the dungeons, repeating the password and breathing in the cool atmosphere of the Slytherin common room. The large window on the far side of the room reflected the green-blue hue of the Black Lake. It was still chilly out, but it wasn't snowing today. He'd pulled one of Mrs. Weasley's sweaters over his torso, as well as his leather jacket, tucking his wand into the inner pocket. His normal jeans and boots would keep him warm enough.

Eliza met him in the main hall...with Castor.

"Don't worry." His twin held up a hand at the expression that had taken over his features. "I'm not tagging along on your date. I'm just going to explore for a bit." She tapped the side of her bag, and he could see the large shape of what he knew to be her egg.

"Shall we go?" He nodded his head at the courtyard that lead them down to the wizarding village. Eliza nodded and took his outstretched hand. Castor followed just behind them, smirking at the stiff, reserved form of her twin. Despite the way he'd pulled her close on the dance floor two weeks ago, he was actually really nervous about his date with Eliza.

"Okay. Well you kids have fun." Castor began to veer off the path towards the boathouse that lay on the edge of the Black Lake. The shoreline where she usually practiced her abilities had begun to get more and more crowded with all the extra students on the grounds. "Use protection!" She called after them, laughing when Pollux whipped around with a startled look on his face.

Exactly like she'd hoped, the boathouse was empty, completely void of students. Which meant that Castor could sit and read through the various books she'd checked out from the library. The copies of Advanced Potion Making, Moste Potente Potions, as well as One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi were well worn, the spines beginning to crack with how many students had handled the texts. She skimmed over the chapters in each one, flipping to certain potions recipes as different ones seemed to have some potential. Though most of the time she came across certain potion she wanted to try for fun. Maybe if she offered to grade some of his assignments, Professor Snape would let her use the classroom.

The gentle rocking of the water against the boats calmed her. She'd been sat with her feet hanging off the docks for over an hour now. Closing her book on a recipe for a Girding Potion and sighed as she looked out over the water's surface. In the distance she could see the fleet of ships from Durmstrang. Castor glanced over to her bag, unfolding the top flap and pulled out her golden egg.

"I can't believe I'm doing this again." She muttered staring at the egg in her lap. Without giving herself time to change her mind, she twisted the top and allowed the sides to split open. Immediately the high-pitched shrieking sound filled the air and echoed off the walls of the boathouse. Castor couldn't close the eggs fast enough. She gasped and rubbed her ears, hearing the ringing fade away as the minutes went on. "Fuck!"