Chapter 15

The Halloween feast was always one of Castor's favorites

The Halloween feast was always one of Castor's favorites. In place of candles, jack-o-lanterns drift above the house tables in the Great Hall, causing a warm glow to be cast over the room. Pumpkin juiced flowed plenty, along with as many pumpkin flavored treats as the kitchens can dish out, as well as carrot cake and apple pie. The days grow colder, and Castor's excitement grows with the dropping temperature. She loves the feel of the wind on her cheeks, loves to watch the forest change color, and bundle up in her coziest sweaters.

It was also a night where the professors were a bit more lenient on allowing the houses to mingle and seat themselves amongst the other houses. A treat that Castor and Pollux took advantage of as they raced to squeeze in next to the Weasley twins as they entered the Great Hall. Though they still spent as many breakfast study sessions together seated at the Gryffindor table, much to the disapproval of Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall (Flitwick didn't really mind all that much), the Jones twins reveled in this night where they relax and stuff themselves full of every seasonal treat they could reach.

Squeezing herself on Fred's left, she grinned at Harry and the rest of the trio from across the table. Pollux fit himself on the George's right, waving to Ginny a few seats down who was seated next to Neville and Luna.

"Are you guys still having a party tonight?" She asked. Both of the Weasley twins smirked, eye brows raised.

"Of course!" The echoed.

"Do you want to come?" George asked.

"I don't think the Fat Lady will let me into the common room." She grumbled. "Stubborn woman, I don't know how you put up with her singing."

"You doubt us?" Fred gasped. "I'm sure it won't be that hard to sneak you in."

"Besides, you won't be the only one from other houses." George spoke up. "I think a few Hufflepuffs and one or two Ravenclaws are coming."

"I hear Cedric Diggory will be there." Fred teased. "Prettiest boy in school according to Angelina."

"Eh, I'm not really into blondes." She smirked. "I much prefer redheads." To top it off, she sent them a wink, laughing as both Weasleys raised their eyebrows at her flirting. She could see Pollux making a gagging noise from behind them, causing the Golden Trio to laugh.

After the feast was done, she followed them up the stairs, avoiding the trick step at the last second, when she came to a full and complete stop, the smile fading from her face. The fat lady was gone.

And in her place were three very large slash marks across her canvas.

The crowd began to form behind her, and she heard Ginny gasp. People began to whisper, calling for Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.

"What's going on here?" She heard Percy coming down the stairs as Castor moved towards the ruined painting. "Move please, I'm Head Boy!"

Castor reached out and ran her hand over the ripped canvas, piecing the background of the painting together again before it slipped through her fingers, curling itself once again.