Chapter 25

"I don't understand

"I don't understand. Why do you all have to go and pick him up?" Castor reached across the table to steal her brother's last piece of bacon. Pollux huffed at her while she smirked and shoved the whole piece in her mouth.

"I'm going because I haven't seen my best friend all summer!" Ron's eyes lit up in pure excitement of seeing Harry. "I honestly don't know why Fred and George are coming."

Pollux coughed to hide his laughing, hiding his grin behind his morning coffee. The Weasley twins each kicked him under the table. They'd taken to thinking the most random and outrageous thoughts quite loudly in order to try and make him slip up and laugh, a testament to his ability to upkeep his poker face. He knew why the twins were going, they'd been hiding Ton-Tongue Toffees in their coat pockets all morning.

"Speaking of which, we should get going." Arthur stood from his seat at the head of the table, kissed Molly's cheek lovingly and grabbed the jar of Floo Powder, holding it out for each of his children to take a handful.

It was quiet interesting to watch from her spot on the couch. Castor did her best to hold in her laughs as she heard Arthur's directions of NOT to come through the fireplace, yet the children didn't listen. And not long after, Ron came back through first, along with Harry, and then the twins.

"Where's your dad?" She pulled Harry into a very enthusiastic hug, squeezing him as much as he would allow before he let go.

"Probably shrinking Dudley's tongue." Pollux laughed as he ruffled Harry's shaggy hair.

It seemed this would be the year that everyone refused to let Molly cut their hair. Pollux's dark curls fell just past his shoulders, while the rest of the Weasley's hadn't quite gotten that long yet. Castor's own wild curls were longer than she'd ever had them as well, falling to rest between her shoulder blades. On days where the weather was a bit warmer, she'd taken to splitting it into two long braids down her back so avoid her hair becoming frizzy in the humidity.

"Oh, you didn't!" Castor gasped and gaped at the snickering Weasley twins.

"Oh, but we did!" They echoed laughing. Molly took this moment to hurry around the corner, pulling Harry into a large hug and kissing both his cheeks. She offered him a seat at the table, handing him a plate and piling it high with eggs, bacon, sausage, and several pieces of toast with jam. Harry did not object, wasting no time in eating what was probably his first real meal in weeks.

"Hermione should be here soon." Ginny was excited as she looked at the clock. She'd very much enjoyed having Castor around more this summer, and the two girls had spent a lot of time together, painting each other's nails and exchanging gossip stories about the people in their own houses. Ginny would talk about the letters she'd been exchanging with Neville and Luna, who was a lighthearted curious girl in Castor's own house. The Jones girl got along well with Luna, and the blonde girl did not mind at all if Castor occasionally compared her to Alice from the Lewis Carroll novel, "Through the Looking Glass".