Chapter 33

Almost a week before the first task came the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year

Almost a week before the first task came the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year. The colder weather came with it too. It wasn't quite snowing yet, but many students were bundled up with their gloves and hats, the November chill settling in the air.

"The teachers probably want to give you one last weekend of fun before they kill you in the mystery first task." Eliza had joked to her as they walked down the pathway. Pollux was walking on Eliza's other side, the two Jones twins squishing her into the middle of their trio.

"That's not funny, Eliza." Castor chided, but she couldn't escape laughing about it herself.

"Where are Fred and George?" Eliza looked behind her as if expecting them to pop up and scare her.

"They said they were busy with some extracurricular assignments." Pollux's exaggeration of the word told Castor the Weasley twins were working on their joke shop. She was actually a little disappointed. Castor was hoping that they might want to at least hang out with her during her last weekend alive.

Pollux held the door open to the Three Broomsticks, allowing his sister and Eliza to enter first. The pub was busier this weekend, the first weekend was always the most exciting, but with the Triwizard Tournament and some of the Ministry officials in attendance, Hogsmeade was packed.

"I'll get the drinks, you guys find us a spot." Castor moved towards the bar to greet Madam Rosmerta. The older woman smiled gently at her from behind the bar. She waved from down the bar, finishing up with the line of customers already waiting for their drinks. Castor unwrapped her scarf from her neck, shoving the blue fabric into her bag. She sat at one of the stools, reaching to count out the proper amount she would owe.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a flash of bright ginger hair. Castor turned to her left, fully expecting to see Ron, or maybe even Percy, since the older boy was now a personal assistant to Mr. Crouch. Who she absolutely wasn't expecting to see was...

"Charlie?!" Castor's shocked voice startled the second Weasley child so much he almost dropped his mug, some of the warm liquid sloshing onto his hand. Charlie's guilty eyes followed her as the Jones twin moved several seats closer, sitting on the stool directly next to him.

"Crap..." He muttered. Castor's face was already forming an excited grin, and he avoided her knowing gaze. Charlie had moved out a few years ago, and usually only came home during the holidays due to his busy job in Romania. And Christmas wasn't until next month. So if Charlie was here, at Hogwarts, in mid-November, that meant...

"It's dragons isn't it?" She whispered, leaning into him. "The first task is dragons." She stated it like a fact and not a question. Charlie, if it was even possible, looked even guiltier.

"I knew I should have gone to the Hog's Head." He finally met her eyes. Castor leaned back in her seat breathing heavily, putting a hand to her chest, but her eyes were wide and alight with glee.