Chapter 24

The summer spent at the Burrow was probably the happiest Pollux had ever felt since his mother had died

The summer spent at the Burrow was probably the happiest Pollux had ever felt since his mother had died. For once, the Jones twins didn't wake up to an empty house, surrounded by guest rooms that nobody would ever sleep in. He wasn't surrounded by empty chairs and the empty dining room table, and he wasn't left to wander the streets of muggle London by himself in the hopes of occupying his mind.

In the few years before, he'd only spend a little over a week at the Burrow during the summer breaks, mostly because there were already seven people living there, Bill and Charlie having already moved away from home, but it was also because he didn't want to overstay his welcome. Molly Weasley had always made it a point to remind the Jones twins that they were welcome for as long as they'd like, and that she and Arthur would always be glad to seat them at their kitchen table.

The Burrow was cozy, and to be honest, it was one of Pollux's favorite places to spend his free time. With five kids, and two adults there was always work to be done around the house. The dishes were charmed to clean themselves some nights, other nights Molly would instruct one of her many children that it was their turn. The garden would be tended to, and the chickens would be fed early in the morning. In the warm summer evenings, the Weasleys would move the tables and chairs outside and dine in the breeze among the floating lanterns and the tall grass that surrounded the wacky house. It was nights like these where Pollux would truly feel at home.

He'd spent the last month watching Fred and George experiment with their first product for their joke shop. A chewy taffy candy called Ton-Tongue Toffees, which made the user's tongue grow to unnatural lengths. They were also in the works with a few others, Skiving Snack boxes, and Puking Pastilles, but they still weren't quite right yet. However, they had to hide everything from Molly, the last time she'd found their latest products, she's screamed so loud the chickens outside went absolutely crazy.

Bill had come home for the summer, taking a break from his job as a curse breaker in Egypt, instead he took a position at Gringotts, claiming that the desert heat was starting to get to him, and he wanted to be closer to home. Charlie was still working in Romania but had sent many letters saying he would be able to visit during the upcoming school year, though he avoided answering the question as to why. In fact, most of Charlie's letters were pretty vague in detail lately, not giving too much information but still hinting that they were in for a real treat in the next few months.

Percy had gotten a job at the Ministry, being the assistant to the Minister of Magic himself, and was hardly ever seen at home. When he was, he stayed holed up in his room and avoided as much contact with his family as possible, always claiming he had "important Ministry business to attend to" and would disappear for hours on end.

Ron spent most of his time sending letters back and forth to Harry, talking about anything and everything. Harry mostly complained about the Dursleys. Dudley only seemed to be getting worse, with his constant bullying of his cousin. Uncle Vernon would scowl deeply whenever he saw Harry outside his room, while Aunt Petunia would remain silent with a mostly sour look on her face. She had also put the entire family on a diet, only allowing each person in the house to eat small amount of fruit or melon in place of actual meals. It was safe to say, it made tensions in the house a bit higher than they normally were.