Chapter 52

"Something's wrong

"Something's wrong."

Eliza looked up to see Pollux's expression had suddenly turned panicked, seeing furrowed brows where a second ago they were laughing and making jokes. She knew he was worried for Castor while she was in the maze, and she'd been trying to distract him while they waited for the last of the Champions to arrive. Fleur had arrived first, forfeiting her place in the final challenge. Viktor Krum had shown up not long after, his eyes still somewhat cloudy, and looking around as if he didn't know how he got back to the crowd-filled stands.

Eliza's own worry had only grown when there was an explosion of red sparks in the air deep into the maze. A few of the professors tasked with retrieving the champions if they called for help had disappeared, only to show up not much later empty handed, whispering into Dumbledore's ear that the entire section of the maze had been found empty. She'd done her best to reassure Pollux that Castor and Harry were going to be okay.

"What do you mean?" She asked. His eyes were set on the Headmaster, who was still in whispered conversations with the other professors, each of them doing their best to hide the worry that was beginning to overtake their features. Headmaster Dumbledore peaked over to their section of the stands, looking directly at Pollux and Eliza before quickly returning to the conversation.

"Castor's in trouble." Pollux stood from his seat, pushing past the other students who grumbled and yelled at him.

"Pollux! Wait!' Eliza pushed past the other students as well, apologizing as she did so. Fred and George were not far behind them.

"Professor!" Pollux called for Dumbledore's attention, trying to make his way onto the field. One of the Ministry's Aurors tasked with keeping the crowd in the stands held up his hands to prevent Pollux from making his way onto the field. "Move!" He barked at him, struggling to push past him. "Professor, please!"

"It's alright, Elphias." Dumbledore waved the Slytherin boy forward. "Let him pass."

Elphias Dodge nodded to the Headmaster, moving aside as Pollux pushed past him, grumbling under his breath. He tried to stop the advancement of Eliza, but the added strength of Fred and George only caused him to sigh and let them through as well.

"Castor is in trouble." Pollux repeated. Dumbledore held up a hand to assuage his worries. "Please, you have to find her!"

"I assure you, we are doing everything we can do find the remaining champions." Dumbledore spoke lowly so nobody else would overhear their conversation.

"No, you don't understand-"

"Mr. Jones, I assure you there is nothing in the maze your sister cannot handle."

"Professor, please, I'm trying to tell you-"

Dumbledore interrupted him again. "We have several Aurors within the maze on the lookout for the Hogwarts champions. In the meantime it would be best if you return to your seat."