Chapter 16

TABI

"Louen?" His wearing a doctor's lab gown and his gaze is all mine. Don't tell me he's working here.

"Lynus?" I utter as I face him, and he instantly looks at my dress where my baby bump is really visible. He looked back at my face with frowned brows before he walks close to my place.

"You're pregnant?" he asked, I don't know what to say, I suddenly felt that I was out of words in front of him, how the hell he was working here, I thought his in Cebu.

"Why didn't Ash tell me about this? Where are your pare----," I cut him out and grabbed his hands, "Don't tell anyone about this Ly" I said and pulled him out of the hospital and brought him with us here at the nearby coffee shop?

I look at him seriously and I know he immediately understands that I'm in a complicated situation, he hazes and asks, "What is the meaning of this look Louen?" Rie seated beside me and handed us the coffee that she ordered.

"I know that this is complicated but, I got kicked out of our house and now I'm standing on my own, I accidentally got pregnant by a stranger," I lied, "Now I'm carrying this baby and trying to live a new life, I don't want my parents and Ash to know about this because they will just be disappointed with me, so please Ly don't tell anyone about this," I beg and gently reach for his hand and hold it soundly.

Lynus is my high schoolmate's senior, and he's been close friends with my brother ever since. At that time he was always in our house playing with my brother and they moved to Cebu when he was turning college because his grandma was sick.

He's a good friend, but I wasn't expecting to see him here, of all the people why him. I'm sure he'll tell this, my brother.

He sighs before he looks straight into my eyes, "I will keep this as long as I can help you," he seriously said and caressed my hands. "You got my word," he said, at agad akong nakahinga ng maluwag dahil sa sinabi niya, I stand up and hugged him.

"Thank you so much Ly, thank you," I whisper, he rubbed my back and nodded on my shoulders. "Just promise me, that you'll lean on me, I will help you," he whispered and gently patted my head. I looked at him and shed tears in front of him.

"Thank you," I said while pouting in front of him, he urged a charming smile before he wiped my tears and patted my head again. "Stop crying, that's not good for your baby," he said and pinch my cheeks.

I went back to my seat, "I thought you were in Cebu?" I ask, he takes a sip of the coffee before he answers, "Didn't Ash tell you that my family moves to US Florida, I'm the only one living here in the Philippines, so I focus on working and my head Doctor asks me to work here as a professor of pediatrics, biostatistics and neurology, I'm working with kids" he explained, I nodded, I can't believe that he achieve all of that in just a year we didn't meet.

I smile at him and watch him look at Erille and smile, "Ly this is my friend Erille," Pagpapakilala ko kay Erille, "Sorry, I didn't introduce myself properly, I'm Doctor Lynus Edmonde Herrera nice to meet you," he said and offer his hand to Rie before we look at his watch.

"Let me drive you home," he said and stood up, grabbed his keys from the pocket of his lab gown, and reached for my hand. "Nako hindi na po Doc, maggrogorcery pa po kami eh" Erille said.

Lynus called someone on his phone while holding my hands, "Hello, yes I have an important errand for today, yes cancel it for me" he said and easily slid it into his pocket before he smiled at me. "I wanna come with you guys, help me drive you there," he said and he didn't let us speak, he just gently pulled me out of the coffee shop and walk to the parking of the hospital.