Chapter 31

PREMISES

"Mommy!" My lips parted and my eyes narrowed as my daughter called me, in front of him. I was stiff the whole time, it was like a slow-motion scene when Leusam faced me and met my gaze.

This is the end of my sacrifices, halos hindi umiikot ang mundo ko ng mag tama ang aming mga mata, he looks at me with an unlighted gaze before he slowly stood up and hold Tabi's little hand.

My whole body was wobbling inside and out because of this intense situation, Wala na akong takas ngayon. Nagsimulang mangilid ang aking mga luha ng pagmasdan silang dalawa na magkasama.

Tabitha really has her father's genes, "Louen?" Leusam called my name, and the way he called me set my whole system on ice, I froze and I couldn't think of words to say.

"L-Leusa---,"

"Tabitha, anak ko!!!" agad akong napalingon ng may sumigaw sa aking likuran, I saw Erille, running towards my daughter and hugged her so tight. "Mommy?" Tabitha uttered while her gaze was on me.

Erille carried Tabitha and kissed her forehead in front of Leusam, "Maraming salamat po at nahanap niyo ang anak ko," Erille said hysterically, which made Leusam look around the lobby because they are starting to catch attention from other people.

Tabitha kept looking at me, I took the chance to nod at her, telling her that she should go with Tata, she nodded and cuffed a little. My heart is pounding so fast, I could faint right now.

"Maraming salamat po talaga wahhh, paano ko po ba kayo masusuklian huhu," Erille's voice was so loud that all the people around here could clearly understand her, even the way she cried, it was too loud.

"No, it's fine," naiilang na sambit ni Leusam, at halatang nahihiya na sa lahat ng tao. "You should go, get her some check ups," he said and gently turn Erill's back and push her away from her.

"Thank you so much po, anak tara na," Erille said and instantly brought Tabitha with her, as they passed beside me, our eyes met and she wink at me unnoticed. I mouthed the word Thank you and watched them walk back to Tabi's room. Tabi waves at me and smiles before they enter the room.

"Louen," agad akong napalingon ng tawagin ni Leusam ang aking pangalan. He held my hand softly, sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko sa kaba at takot, na baka nahalata niya na magkahawig sila ni Tabitha. Please no.

"Leusam, b-bakit k-ka n-nandito?" I was shuttering as I met his gaze. "That should be my line, why are you here?" he seriously asked and intensely stared at me. That stare makes me weak. Hindi ko magawang mag isip ng diretso dahil sa mga nangyayari.

"My friend's daughter is sick," I said and avoided his gaze, "Don't tell me that kid and that woman were the people you were talking about?" he asks and moves even closer, the way he moves makes me feel suffocated and at the same time, the space between us is getting smaller and smaller.

"Y-yes," I put my shaking hands behind my back and tried to smile at him, just to hide my fear. "What kind of sickness does that little thing have?" natigilan ako ng biglang naging malumanay ang boses ni Leusam ng tanungin niya iyon.

When I looked at him, he was staring at the hallway where Rie and Tabi walk. I was stunned when I stared at how he stared at my back. Leusam shows such emotion in his eyes while staring at my back, "Sickled Cells Anemia," I whisper.

"Is it that bad, why are they staying here?" he softly asks, and looks into my eyes with pity emotion, I bite my lower lip so hard to stop myself from bursting out of pain, seeing him care for my daughter.