Chapter 28

ENOUGH

Lynus's Point of View

"Lynus apo, y-you came," As soon as I touch her hands, her eyes open, urging a sweet small smile, as I lean down and kiss her forehead. "Hi," I whisper and smile at her.

My heart felt heavy as I stared at her, she lost weight, and she looked pale and weak, "I miss you apo," she whispered and smiled at me, the way she smiled was so genuine.

"How are you feeling?" I ask and caress her hand, she nodded and slowly closed her eyes, "I feel weak apo, I think you are all I need to see before I take my rest," I constantly shake my head and disagree with her. "No, you'll recover," I whisper.

Watching her in this state feels so depressing, "There is no use for me to recover apo if I'm going to end up here again every month, it's tiring apo, I wanna rest."

"No, no, no you're not please no," I begged and kissed the back of her hands, my whole body starting to feel cold, as fear of leaving eats me. She tapped my head using her other hand and fixed some strands of my hair.

"Grandma wants to rest now apo, I'm really tired now," I purse my lips and control my tears, I shake my head and keep kissing her hands. "No, please, stay," I begged.

"My job here is done apo, now you have grown up as a great man, I'm proud of you and I'm contented, now let Grandma rest" she whispers as her voice goes weaker. "I still need you, please stay a little longer," my heart is beating so fast but it makes me even weaker, I'm starting to lose energy.

My tears started falling, and I continuously kiss her hand, "Please stay a little longer, let me be with you a little longer," she smiles at me, "Enough apo, G-grandma already stayed longer than you think so, now let me rest."

"No," she smiled, pulled me up, copped my face, and kissed the tip of my nose just like what she always did when I was young. "Be happy o-ok" she whispers, slowly closing her eyes and starting to breathe heavily.

"No!!!" I whisper in pain and watch her slowly let go of my hand and my mom and dad start crying so loud.

Slowly I was eaten by a loud silence and all I see is my grandma left me.

"Sir," I instantly open my eyes when the Driver speaks, I wipe my tears and sit properly. "Nandito na po tayo sa hospital," I gaze at the window, I'm finally back here in Baguio, when my grandma's funeral ended, I decided to go back because I know, if I stay there a bit longer, I'll just bury myself in pain and longing for her.

The most precious woman in my life, Grandma. "Thank you," I utter, step out of the car, and feel the cold breeze of air here in Baguio. I manage to smile and walk inside the hospital.

"Lynus?!" I glance at my back when Doctor Fhara calls my name, I smile at her, "Fhara how are you?" I asked with a bright smile. "Bakit nandito kana agad? Kala ko ba two months?" she confusedly asked.

"My grandma died as soon as I came back there and the funeral just took three days long, so I came back here," I try to say while smiling but it turns out that it was the painful smile I can show to other people.

"I'm sorry," she said and avoided my gaze, I chuckled, "No, It's fine, by the way how's my patient Tabi? Is she feeling well? Any good results?" I suddenly miss Tabitha, I'll see her after this.

"Ahm---how do I say this, shit," I tilted my head to look at her, as she kept cursing and scratching her hair like she was hesitating on something. "Fhara? What is it?" I ask. She looked at me, took a deep breath, and said, "You know I can't lie to you right?" What does she mean?