Chapter 25

PASSION

"Kailangan natin dalhin sa hospital si Tabi," hindi na hinintay ni Six ang susunod kong sasabihin at agad itinakbo palabas ng condo si Tabitha.

Sumunod kami ni Rie, habang nagsisimula na naman manginig ang aking mga kamay. We all run fast and as we arrive in the parking lot agad binuksan ni Six ang sasakyan at pinasakay ako sa back seat bago ibinigay sa akin ang namamalipit sa sakit na si Tabi.

I bite my lower lip as she keeps struggling with the pain inside her head in my bare arms. She started shedding tears. Wala akong magawa kundi hawakan lang siya at hintaying makarating kami sa hospital.

"Ouchiieeeee," Tabi reached for my hand and put it on her head, thinking that it could ease the pain she was in right now, but I'm no use. I bit my lip harder and controlled my tears. "Shhhh malapit na tayo Tabi," I whisper as I hugged her.

She started kicking and moving aggressively just to express the pain, Rie looked at me and when our eyes met both of our eyes shouts fear and pain. I can't bear to watch my child suffer like this.

"Tabi malapit na tayo baby," nanghihinang sambit ni Rie mula sa harapan at inabot ang kamay ni Tabi. "Tata ouchiiieee," mas lumakas ang pagiyak ni Tabi kaya hindi na pigilan ni Rie na lumuha, "Six bilisan mo," she utter.

I just remain watching Tabitha, and the car almost fly dahil sa sobrang bilis ng pagpapaandar ni Six. He continuously glanced at us through the rear mirror of the car. "Almost there Tabi," she whispered.

"Ouchieee Mommy huhuhu Mommy ouchieee," she keeps shouting and every shout feels like a stab of sharp knife into my heart. "My Tabi is strong right? She can do this, Ouchiee will go away any minute now ok," pinilit ko ang sarili kong maging matatag para sa kanya dahil alam kong walang mangyayari kung luluha lang ako habang nahihirapan siya.

"Ouchieeee," I gasped for air when she weakly said that and just hugged me so tight like she was trying to show us that she can endure the pain. I hardly close my eyes and hold her so tight.

"Mommy is here," I whisper, and wipe my escaped tears. This is killing me, please spare my daughter.

Pagkadating sa hospital ay agad bumababa si Six at kinuha sa akin si Tabi, tumakbo kami ng mabilis sa loob ng hospital hanggang sa madala muli namin siya sa E.R., napaupo ako sa sahig sa paghihina at agad akong niyakap ni Rie.

Ever since I discover that Tabi has this kind of sickness, my life became an active bomb that anytime fear can explode, every time she steps inside the hospital, every time she becomes pale, every time her eyes show weakness, every time she aches for pain inside her body, every time she feels tired, every time she says the word ouchie.

It's the most painful word I could ever hear, she doesn't deserve this, my Tabi doesn't deserve any of this.

Right now, I realize that what they say is true, you will only know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have to save your daughter.

"Tumayo kayo dyan," Six utter and guide us to stand up and lead us to the bench chairs here at the wall. Nanginginig kong hinawakan ang kamay nilang dalawa habang nakatingin sa pinto ng E.R.

My heart won't stop beating, my soul won't stop breaking. My Tabi is still crying. I could hear her, unti-unting nawala ang ingay ng pagiyak ni Tabi kaya mas hinigpitan ko ang pagkakahawak sa kamay ni Erille at Six.

Six rubbed my back and tried to calm us down, while Erille was still sobbing a bit loud, I managed to control my tears and just keep them inside again and be strong for my Tabi.