Part 44

-Bokuto POV-
I sit in the lobby of the police station, waiting for them to be done questioning my "dad". I stare at my hands, bruises and bloody. I can feel some sort of satisfaction from the sight.
'Wait I can't like this, it'll scare y/n.. y/n, I wonder how's she's doing? Akaashi was supposedly-'
"LET ME GO I NEED TO SAVE HER"
My thoughts get cut off as screeching is heard in the station, causing everyone to look up. And that's when I see her.
"...mae?"
She glares at me and lunges, but is held back by two police officers behind her.
"YOU, YOU BRAINWASHED HER! HOW DARE YOU! ONCE I GET MY HANDS ON YOU YOUR DEAD. YOU HEAR ME?!" She laughs.
'The feelings mutual.'
She gets pulled away, still yelling and screaming. An officer comes up to me and I stand up. We walk to a hallway and step into a room inside of a room.
"Heh I've only seen these on crime shows Akaashi watches. You got a serial killer on the loose? Oo what about a-"
"Bokuto Koutarou."
The officers voice silences me. Sounding almost like my dads. "I'm officer Jun, and I'm here to question you about your father. Was he always like this?"
I stare at my hands.
"Yeah..he was. He was mean. And I mean meeeeean."
"How often would he hit you?"
I bite my lip and Officer jun sighs, his face softening.
"Take your time"
"He did it every time I "messed up" whatever that means. Or when I talked back."
"What do your mess up include?"
"Like getting a super low grade, or like, not coming home on time."
"I see, and your mom?"
I look up at him "is she ok?"
He smiles "she's fine, she's in one of these rooms getting questioned herself."
I sigh a breath of relief. Then I remember that Mae was here.
"Uh do you know about Mae?"
"Whos that?"
"Nevermind" I sigh in defeat and slump in my chair.
"Can I have ice cream?"

-Akaashis POV-
I take y/ns hand as we walk into the hospital, her body shaking and eyes frantically looking around. I relish the fact that she's clinging on to me for support, then remember why we're here. We went to the front desk and she hides behind me, the lady glances up and gets ready to type.
"Hello sir, what seems to be the problem?"
"I got cut in an attack and it seems pretty deep." I hold up my wrapped up arm. "Might need stitches."
She looks at it then types away "that you do need, I'll try to get you in as soon as possible. Name please?"
"Akaashi Keiji"
She nods and types it in "insurance?"
"under Akaashi Suki"
She nods and looks up at me "your in, just wait in the lobby over there and a doctor will see you."
"Thank you" I smile and I lead y/n to the chairs, her form never leaving my side.
"Y/n?"
She looks up at me "y-yes?"
"If it scares you so much you don't have to stay"
'Even though I love that your like this'
She clings onto my good arm "no, I was the legit reason you got hurt....I'll be fine"
I pat her head and we sit down making idle chit chat until a doctor shows up.
"Akaashi Keiji?"
I stand up and look down at y/n with a comforting smile "I'll be back" I lean down and kiss her forehead.
"You better"

-y/ns POV-
I sit in my chair, leg bouncing and fingers fidgeting.
'Don't remember, please no. Happy place happy place happy-'
(Flashback)
"Mama?" I hold the sickly thin hand of my mom as she lays peacefully on a white bed, a breathing mask on her sunken and grey face.
"Yes sweetie?"
"When can we go home?"
She chuckles, which then turns into a violent cough, she sits up and removes the mask, replacing it with her hand. Once finished she lowers it, hiding the blood.
"You'll be home soon love."
"But what about you?"
"I'll be here longer, but you need to finish 5th grade sweetie, you can't stay here forever"
I pout "yes I can, we're family, and family sticks together."
"I'll always be with you sweetie"
"And daddy?"
She squeezed my hand "he'll always watch over you, just like me" her monitors make loud noises, ranging from a solid beep to multiple fast beeps. Doctors rush in and push me out of the way.
"Mama?! Mama?!"
A nurse bends down and holds my hands "it'll be ok, just come with me"
"No! I wanna be with mama!"
"Come on" she picks me up as I thrash around, trying to get out of her grasp.
"MAMA!"
(End of flashback)
"-/n?"
"Y/n?"
I feel hands on my face, thumbs rubbing my cheeks.
"H-huh?"
I see Akaashi smiling at me softly "I'm back"
I quickly hug him and he hugs back tightly. "I told you I'll be back. Are you ok?"
I nod into his chest. "Can we go home?"
He chuckles and holds my hand I notice a wrap on his arm and look up at him. "Did it hurt?" He shakes his head and we walk out of the hospital. Hand in hand.
"I'm surprised Bokuto hasn't called us"
I hum "me too, kou normally jumps in right when you do. Should we check on him?"
Akaashi shakes his head. "It's probably his dad"
"Oh yeah...him"
I sadly sigh remembering the dinner night and Akaashi pulls me to him.
"It's ok y/n, think about this, his mom and sisters love you. That's something right?"
I smile "yeah, more than enough for me."
He leans down and kisses me "let's go cuddle ok?"
I nod "ok"

GUYYYYYYYYS THIS BOOK IS ALMOST AT 100k AND NOW IM LIKE "what do I do?" LIKE YOU GYS ARE AMAZING AND I LITERALLY LOVE YOU ALL. YOU ALL MEAN SO MUCH TO ME AND UHHHHHG I CANT SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND COMMENTS. THEY ALL MAKE MY DAY