27. What's Mine Is Yours

"I know what I have given you...
I do not know what you have received." ~ Antonio Porchia

The Daughter

"Hey, so how was it seeing Caitlyn the other day?" Emily asked as we all gathered in the conference room as usual.

"Aw it was great," I grinned, nodding my head and thanking Spencer as he passed me a fresh cup of coffee. "I haven't seen her in so long, it was so good to just catch up," I admitted with a smile and Emily grinned, a sparkle in her eye. "She knew all about you," I said with a smirk and Emily gasped guiltily.

"Why didn't you tell me you worked with her?" JJ and Morgan exchanged surprised glances and Spencer nodded sassily, looking at Emily pointedly.

"That wasn't really my place," She said apologetically. "And besides, I wasn't even certain that it was the same Caitlyn. And we didn't really work together, more like in the same branch." I arched a brow and she smiled apologetically.

"Anyway, she's pregnant now," I said with a grin and both JJ, Penelope and Emily all cooed. "I know," I grinned. "It's so brilliant," I admitted.

"Totally unexpected because I never had her down as the settling type of girl you know? She always said that about me and that she was more of the player but wow," I grinned excitedly. "A baby? It's so brilliant." I repeated.

"Oh that's excellent," Emily grinned. "Will you tell her congratulations from me?" I nodded my head as my dad and Rossi entered the room.
"Of course."

Just as yesterday and the day before, Spencer sat in thoughtful silence when I mentioned Caitlyn and I couldn't help but think he didn't like her.

Which was bound to be awkward so no wonder he wasn't saying anything.

But that was okay, because we couldn't like everyone we knew right?

"Okay Garcia, what do we have?" My dad asked and Penelope got to her feet in front of the screen, still smiling at my news.

"Look's like we're going back to LA folks," She said, clicking up images onto the screen and deliberately averting her eyes from them.

"Journalist Clive Peterson was sent a series of photographs every Friday for the third consecutive week. Friday of last had a note adjoined to the package warning him that if he didn't contact local police, he'd sell the story to another journalist."

"So the Unsub contacted Peterson himself?" Morgan asked and Penelope nodded her head.

"You are correct, my love," She agreed. "Peterson, pretty freaked out at this point began to realise that it wasn't just a prank and contacted Detective Owen Kim whom he knows dearly from his school days."

"Kim's still around?" Morgan asked and Penelope nodded her head again.
"Uh-huh and he's needing your help again my loves," She explained.

"Because as of three hours ago, Peterson was sent a DVD containing an hour long footage of the murder of the last girl he received photographs for. In the video it looks like she's being raped and then finally the Unsub slashes her throat and... well... you can see for yourselves.

"I've already started searching for crimes of a similar nature on ViCap so while you watch the footage, I am going to return to my bubble and work on narrowing that down."

She clicked up the footage and handed JJ the controller before gathering her iPad and notebook and leaving with a small smile.

I didn't blame her for leaving; the footage was terrible, but something we had to see nevertheless.