28. It Can Happen To Anyone

"I just want to sleep. A coma would be nice. Or amnesia. Anything, just to get rid of this, these thoughts, whispers in my mind. Did he rape my head, too?" ~ Laurie Halse Anderson

The Daughter

The following morning I awoke Spencer with breakfast in bed, a tight kiss pressed to his lips making him moan and grab me; pulling me down into the bed beside him.

I'd figured he'd do something like this and so thankfully I'd sat the tray on the nightstand before awaking him.

"Your coffee is going to get cold." I mumbled against his chest, his face pressed into my hair, his arms holding me to his chest.

He mumbled his understanding of my words despite holding his position under the blankets.

"Spence baby, I've made you breakfast in bed." I said, turning my face to his and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Of course you have," He mumbled against my lips, his sleepy eyes blinking opened. "You're here aren't you?" He joked and my mouth parted in surprise.

Did Doctor Spencer Reid just make a dirty joke?

He chuckled and grumbled, kissing my face again before pulling his arms from me, running his hands across his face and pulling himself into a sitting position.

I secured myself against his chest, tucked under his arm as he brought the tray from the nightstand and set it on his lap, pulling a slice of toast from the tray and offering me a bite first.

"I've been thinking," I said as I chewed on the toast, pushing my hair from my face and listening as Spencer tore a mouthful of toast from the slice.

"I love it here," I said, sighing as I swept my eyes across the cosy-dark-bohemian bedroom. "Why do we need to find another apartment when we have a perfect one right here?" I asked, casting my eyes up to see his expression.

He was chewing on his toast thoughtfully and looked down at me in confusion.

"I mean, this is your apartment, so at the end of the day it's what you want that counts the most," I shrugged matter-of-factly.

"But I don't see the need for us to find another apartment. We're right next to the supermarket and the metro, and there's a park right around the corner and my dad's like a five minute drive. If you'll have me-"

Spencer crammed his lips down onto mine and I laughed at his eagerness, his massive hand - which had been holding the toast, but which was now crumb-free - cupped my face, his thumb sweeping my chin.

"If you want to live with me, that's great," He sighed huskily against my lips. "But if you want to move in with me, here, that's perfect."

He shrugged and I grinned happily, throwing my arms around his neck making him chuckle and hiss as he righted the tray on his lap again.

*

"You're moving in together?" Penelope hissed at me and I shushed her, waving her quiet and casting my eyes down into the bullpen from the conference room where we stood chatting alone.

"Oh my giddy-aunt, Mel this is insanely amazing!" She squealed, throwing her arms around me.

"You guys are like the incredible genius superhero agents who have never found love and suddenly have and have always meant to be and are destined to spend the rest of your lives happily ever after,"

She gushed excitedly and I giggled at her enthusiasm.

"This is so fate." She said, crushing me in her arms again.