36. Feel My Pain

"Sometimes I get so sad it's hard to breathe. So tell me how you expect me to talk about my demons when they're sitting on my lungs." ~ Author Unknown

The Daughter

"Nah love, not like that c'mon harder!" I yelled, my voice echoing throughout the gymnasium.

"I'm trying." Spencer grunted, plunging his fist again.

"Well c'mon, you're obviously not trying hard enough."
"I am, I swear I just can't-" He grunted again, plummeting his other fist again, his biceps flexing. "This isn't as easy as it looks." He puffed as he raised his leg and kicked harder.

"That's it!" I cheered. "C'mon, again, again!" With each word I cheered, Spencer kicked and punched harder, the sweat running down his forehead and back, his bare torso shining, his hair sticking to his scalp in the bobble I'd tied it into an hour and a half ago. 

"You're doing it!" I cheered. "C'mon!" He plummeted one last kick and I cheered and whistled, Spencer spinning towards me with an exhausted grin.

"That's it love, well done!" I cheered, throwing my arms around him expecting a victory hug but instead was greeted with his sweaty lips forcing down on mine, his sweaty arms snaking around my waist as his chest rose and fell against mine.

He moaned against my lips and snatched me closer to him before breaking away and gasping for breath. 

I laughed and ran my hand down his sweaty neck, making him shiver with my cool touch.

"You done good baby." I smiled as he pressed his forehead against mine, gasping for air.
"I've been taught by the best so I'd hope so." He said breathlessly with a quirky smirk. 

He absentmindedly ran his left hand from the small of my back to the bump which was positioned between us, rubbing my skin over the thin vest-top I was wearing.

Suddenly the door swung open from the other side of the hall.
"Hey love-birds, time to go, we got a case!" Morgan called and I turned to glance over my shoulder.

"Okay, we'll be right there!" I called before turning back to Spencer and stretching up on my tiptoes. "I'm proud of you Spence. You did good." I kissed his forehead and he grinned, turning and sweeping his t-shirt up off the bench saying,

"On a scale of one to mother-like, how biased or sympathetic are you rating my athletics?" I looked up at him with a scowl and took the boxing gloves from him while we made our way to the door Morgan was holding open.

"I am not been biased, nor am I being sympathetic. I'm a harsh teacher you should know that by now." 

Morgan was nodding his head in agreement to my words and I threw him a dirty look.
"Hey I'm being truthful," He laughed.

"When I was helping out with your coaching a couple of months ago in the beginning," He said to Spencer before whistling and shaking his head; letting the door swing shut behind us as we left the gymnasium. 

"I thought I was working alongside Hitler and not the pregnant butter-wouldn't-melt British profiler." I laughed and elbowed his side while doing so.

"So you genuinely think I'm improving?" Spencer asked, pausing outside the shower room.
"Spence I know you're improving."
"Kid, do me a favour while you're in there and take a look in the mirror will you?" Morgan reached forward and jabbed Spencer's bicep. 

"You're filling out nicely, man. In fact, more than nicely. Mel here has you trained more than I ever thought would be possible. You're no longer the skinny kid you used to be. You're stronger and you're more tactical. You're doing more than improving, Reid."