35. Sheer Perfection

"When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story." ~ Charles Baxter, 

The Daughter

"Happy New Year!" We all cheered and clinked glasses; the conference room covered in decorations like the bullpen and currently, like Spencer too as he pressed his lips down on mine; the ring of tinsel around his neck tickling my face as he done so.

I thought last New Year in New York with the BAU team and my family was incredible. 

But this New Year was something else. 

The whole team and their families were actually in the BAU. And Diana was here too. 

She officially moved into her new sanitarium apartment two days before Christmas and had settled in nicely. 

She was granted overnight release in order to celebrate New Year with Spencer and I and the rest of the team.

"You know we never did have that house warming party to celebrate us moving in together and celebrating our first year together." Spencer said matter-of-factly as we settling in on the couch together after taking Diana home the following day.

"Oh yeah," I remembered. "My attack sort of scuppered our plans." Spencer looked at me and gave me a small smile, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and kissing the side of my head.

We both turned to the TV just as the buzzer sounded through the apartment.

"Were you expecting anybody?" Spencer asked as he got to his feet to answer it.

"No." I said, shaking my head in confusion.

"Hey Garcia," Spencer laughed as he lifted the intercom and buzzed her through.

"Garcia's here?" I asked in confusion, straightening a little on the couch.

"Yeah," Spencer laughed and shrugged. "She didn't say why." He unlocked the door and came back to the sofa, wrapping his arm back around me just as Penelope reached the front door.

"Hey Garci! How's the head?" I laughed.

"Hey you!" Garcia called, pushing inside the apartment and closing the door behind her.
"Oh my dearly beloved, let's not talk about the head," She padded over to Spencer and I in the living room whilst she said, 

"Come hither there's something I have to show you." 

"Is everything okay?" I smiled self-consciously, frowning a little at Spencer questioningly as I got to my feet. 

"Yes, I just have something to show you." She repeated, waving her hand to fan me forward.
"Just me or can Spence come too?" I asked curiously.
"Oh no, girl's only, sorry Princey, we'll be with you in a few." Spencer's face fell and I smiled at his cuteness, blowing him a kiss before hurrying along the hallway with Garcia.

"What's so urgent it couldn't wait?" I asked as we pushed into the bedroom.
"This," She said and thrust a paper bag against my chest.

Frowning I peeled it open and peered inside, gasping and shaking my head frantically at her. "Nuh-uh-uh," She tutted, shoving the bag back against my chest again. "I may have been on the punch last night, but I do still remember our hiccuped conversation by the coffee-which-didn't-have-coffee-in-it-pot before you left," I gulped and blinked rapidly, doom draping over me. 

She wasn't supposed to remember that hiccupped conversation. 

"And because I am the beauty and brains that I am, I am doing the right thing. Now go forth and pee."