7. Carpe Diem

"The future depends on what you do today." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

The Doctor

"We're going to go dance pretty boy." My stomach flipped at her words and I shook my head adamantly.

"N-no B, I don't think that's a good idea." I stuttered nervously. But she wasn't listening. She simply clasped my hand tighter and led me out into the dance-floor away from the comfort of the bar.

"Everything's a good idea when alcohol is involved." She grinned, turning to me in the middle of the dance-floor. 

"I-I don't normally drink." I said, desperately trying to get her to stop what she was doing and listen to me. My head was spinning, my vision was blurring around the edges and I felt all warm inside; like I was sleeping and this was all just a dream. Joy was dancing now, swaying her hips to the music and moving her hands through her hair.

"I know, that's why you need to loosen up a little." She called to me over the music.
"Loosen up?" I repeated and then chuckled. "Joy you don't understand, I've never really been drunk before." I admitted. 

She stopped dancing and looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Really?" She cooed and I nodded, blushing and looked away from her warm blue eyes.
"Well there's a first time for everything!" She grinned and grabbed my hands, spinning herself in a circle and laughing hysterically.

The Technical Analyst

"We're going to go dance pretty boy." Prentiss and I stared at each other with our mouths open wide, our eyes unblinking as we watched the beautiful tattooed blonde pull poor Spencer Reid out onto the crowded dance-floor; his whole body language screaming that he'd rather be anywhere but in the heart of that crowd.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is Doctor Spencer Reid on the dance-floor with a pretty girl?" Morgan's sultry voice sounded from behind me and I jumped slightly, breaking out of my reverie. 

"She just took him," I blurted in awe. "I-I mean one minute we were doing shots and the next..." I waved my hand in their direction and Emily looked over at Morgan and me, nodding. 

"She took us all by surprise." She said in a detached tone, the pair of us clearly not having a clue what to say.
"I knew the first day that chick joined our team that she'd take us all by surprise." Morgan chuckled.
"It's a pity poor Spencer didn't see it like that." Emily laughed, finishing her drink as JJ and Will hurried over.

"Have you seen Joy and Spencer?" JJ choked and Will was chuckling.
"Yeah, they're dancing." I nodded, peering around the pair to continue my oggling.
"You know Penelope..." Emily began in that tone of hers. "I think Joy was trying to make a point when she dragged Spencer onto that dance-floor." 

I narrowed my eyes at Emily as Morgan and Will shared equally questioning expressions.

"I don't know what you mean." I said through my teeth, trying to get her to shut up.

"Awe," JJ cooed. We looked up at her and she was looking out onto the dance-floor as the song changed. "Little Spence is actually dancing now."

Emily started tugging on her straw, eyeing me with a smirk as I grew more and more anxious.

"Baby girl, you okay?" Morgan asked from behind me.
"M-mhmm." I hummed with a smile. But my tone was totally off, and JJ could hear this.
"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked as Will set another drink down in front of everyone. 

"Uhm..." I looked at Emily, panicked and she grinned, nodding her head at me encouragingly. "Oh fuck it, c'mon sweet-cheeks let's dance." I turned and snatched Morgan's hand, yanking him down the small flight of stairs and towards the dance-floor.