Chapter I

I.

'And this is how it starts...' ~ Sex by The 1975

Maria.

"You didn't forget anything at my mum's, did you?" I asked as he drove.

"No I don't think I did." He said. My hand was in his as I anxiously waited to arrive. "You're shaking baby." He points out my solid nervousness.

"You think? This is my first time staying at your parents house. I have always been a slouch back in our apartment. I don't want to seem lousy in front of your parents." My leg bobbed up and down, quickly. A habit that was sooner getting the best of me. Hunter chuckled at my nervousness.

"You ready?" Hunter asked, his car approaching the house.

"Did I really have a say in it?" I looked over at him, giving him my most obvious expression.

"Fair point." He chuckled. My arm wound around his as I hugged him close. "Huh, that's funny." I looked to see Hunter with a confused look on his face.

"What?" I asked, my worry was growing my every second.

"That's not meant to be there." He mumbled quietly to himself. I followed his eye vision towards the motorcycle laying next to his mother's car.

"Whose is it?" I question, hoping to get an answer from him.

"Nothing, don't worry about it. It might just be something else." He explained, briefly, with a smile. I just nodded and let the subject go, as Hunter parks in the drive way. He seemed on edge, as if he was waiting in anticipation for some disaster to happen.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, opening the car door as I make my way over to the boot of the car. Hunter opens the boot and I automatically grab my bags, for the four weeks I'm staying here, quickly having Hunter refuse me to lift anything heavy. So I insist in holding my smaller bag, which he eventually agrees on.

We walk to the door and Hunter hastily knocks twice as we stand on the porch. Hunter reaches for my hand, rubbing soothing circles, making an attempt to comfort me in my time of distress. We hear shuffling from the other side of the door, my heart rate starting to increase a little, before it finally opened.

"Maria, dear, you made it. It's lovely that we can have the whole family over for this summer holiday." Hunter's mother, Anne, exclaims. Dragging out the word 'whole'. Hunter stiffens besides me, tightening his grip on my hand and I don't understand why. "Please come in." She shifts out of the way for us to enter.

I ambulate in, carrying my bag along with me. Hunter entered after, carrying the rest of my bags. Anne had scurried off to the kitchen, informing us the food would be cooked as soon as Robin arrived home.

I've always adored Hunter's family. They are so sweet, so kind and so welcoming. They make me feel as if I'm apart of their beautiful family. I've known them for eight months, only because Hunter introduced me to them three months into our relationship, when we were one hundred percent certain that it was worth it. So basically we've been dating for at least a year and a month, and everything is perfect.

I love him.

He loves me.

"So you'll be staying in my room with me, obviously." Hunter winked at me, wrapping his long arm around my waist. I turned my head to place a quick kiss on his cheek. I giggled as he pressed a kiss to my nose.

"Aren't you two just fucking adorable." An unfamiliar voice growled. We both turned to be faced with a tattoo filled man, a lip and eyebrow piercing. He had chocolate brown waves, that were- heavenly- tousled back, nearly falling at a short distance past his ears. His eyes gleaming, a beautiful forest green colour.

His presence was intimidating. His demeanour was dark. He looked to have been the same age as I, maybe a little older. However he was definitely younger looking than Hunter.

A large, uncanny smirk growing on his face. He leaned against the main doors frame, indicating that he had just entered.

"What are you doing here?" Hunter spat back, I looked to see his eye brows had narrowed and his grip on my waist was tightening. I had never seen Hunter this angry.

"Family holiday season, man. Calm down." The unknown man held his hands up in defence.

"Why are you here?" There was a tension between these two, but I had no idea what. I don't even know who this guy is.

"Mum called me down. At first I refused but when I heard my brother and his new girl were coming over, I thought why the heck not. It's only been like two years." I don't know why but I already didn't like the atmosphere around him. He seemed cunning, repulsive and rude.

He walks over to us, patting Hunters back and winks down at me, before he strolled away, into the kitchen.

"Mum, I bought the eggs you wanted!" He shouts, walking through the door. I turn to glare towards Hunter. My head hurting from thinking too much, my stomach beginning to feel sick.

What the hell just happened?

a/n

The first chapter is posted! Hope you loved it, because trust me you will want to read on. I am so excited because you have no idea what's going to happen!

Thank you for the lovely feedback and the votes some of you gave! Just hope I get more of everything.

So please vote, comments and even share

All the love .x

~FineMelodyxx