Chapter LIV

LIV.

"No, you don't judge me
'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too
'Cause I got issues
But you got 'em too
So give 'em all to me
And I'll give mine to you" ~ Issues by Julia Michaels

Harry.

"But why can't I just go home? London is far enough." Maria asks me, her tone was laced in worry. I wanted to be the one to to sooth it, not Hunter. I was such an idiot yesterday, especially the way I treated her. But of course I had to voice my opinion. I didn't love her. I couldn't. It's only been two months since we were officially introduced to each other.

It was't much of a normal introduction, though. The moment you laid your eyes on her you knew she was different, but you being the ass you were seemed to be more concerned about your selfish needs. The delinquent voice in my head told me. It was right to no end, I've always been intrigued by Maria. I just didn't want to admit it. But love was too strong of a word. Sure I would do most likely anything for her, but that didn't have to mean I was in love with her.

"Because Maria, I'm not going to drive you home. It's a three hour drive, and we don't have that kind of time right now. Plus I'm driving the car, so keep your mouth shut." I sigh as I try to explain everything I could process myself. It hurt that she was so ready to run away from me. For someone who thought what we had was stupid she looked pretty shattered when I was lying on that hospital bed, but I didn't want to throw that in her face.

"But Hunter?" The way his name rolled of her tongue so easily angered, and she knew what kind of affect his name had on me. It angered me.

"Would you just shut the fuck up about him? He's not here saving your ass right now." I say a little too loudly, too harshly than intended with her.

"Harry." Louis' eyes are wide, in a warning gesture. I went a little to far there. I looked through the rear view to see Maria with a hurt expression her face. I decide to stay quiet for the rest of the trip, since everything I said was most obviously sensitive to her.

The roads were zooming past me like the thoughts running through my mind. I don't understand what this girl wants from me, she's getting married to my brother. She agreed to his proposal. However, I wanted her. All of her but I wasn't ready, on my part, to admit it.

Why was it so hard for me? I don't know, but all I knew is that whatever we to do with ourselves would complicate our whole lives, and I don't know if I was ready to do that. Maybe that was why. I was so comfortable in my life, adding someone into would cause unnecessary trouble. Her life overall would change to the max, was she ready to give it all up for me?

In my daze I hadn't realised that my phone was buzzing vigorously in the cup holder next to the drivers seat. I take it into my hands and put it on speaker, I wasn't hoping for another car accident.  

"How far are you guys?" The voice I recognise to be Liam says into the phone. His voice was less stressed than the phone call this morning, and by the rush of people in the background I could only imagine he was already at the airport. The fact that Marcus knew all of very put us all in danger.

"Just five minutes away now. Have you guys decided where we will go?" I ask into the phone. I had told him to stay in Europe just because Marcus wouldn't be able to stalk us outside of the country. He was already wanted for many treason's and walking into the most secured area would be like walking into his own man made trap.

"How about Greece?" He questions. I liked the fact my friends looked at me for reassurance in decisions.

Before I could reply Maria seemed to have a question of her own in the middle of our conversation. "Um... Out of curiosity, Marcus won't be able to follow us out of the country?" I look at her through the rear view mirror, her eyes fluttering and she so much more innocent than half an hour ago. This was the Maria I was falling deeply for.