Chapter XXXII

XXXII.

'There's something about you...' ~ Certain things by James Arthur (listen to this song! It's soooo good)

Harry.

I watched as her gentle eyes fluttered shut. Her body gave way as she slept so peacefully. She was truly stunning. Something about her held me captive. It really should not, since it was never my intention in the first place.

"So are you." She articulated with such ease, a smile streching at her perfectly shaped lips. I was stunned at first, shocked at both our revelations. But her words tugged at my heart. A feeling I haven't felt in a long time, I thought as I look down at this unique being I was carrying home.

Not knowing what came over me, I duck my head down placing a small kiss to her forehead. I immediatly straighten, acknowledging what I just did. Maria's grip tightens slightly, as she accepts my affection.

I don't know what it was, she was just so damn nosy. However a part of me wanted to believe that it was because she cared. I'd like that.

"I want to take you out tomorrow." I speak so suddenly.

"Is that a command or a request?" She smiles against my neck.

"Uhm... Would you like to go out with me tomorrow?" I question, again, politely this time. I think she likes my trip, as she chuckles lightly.

"I would love to." She kisses me lightly, on the skin nearest to her lips.

Ambling up the drive way of the beach house, I knock on the door since Maria was fast asleep in my arms, and I was hoping someone was awake.

The door flings open. Mum lets out a breath of relief at the sight of us. "Oh thank goodness, you two are okay." That is until she sees Maria, my arms cradling her. "What happened? Is she okay."

"She's fine, she's just asleep." I voice, softly. If anyone was asleep, I didn't really have the intention of them seeing Maria and I back at this time. It arises so many questions. "She just had a rough night so I'm taking her to bed."

"Okay. Goodnight Haz." I hear my mum say as I walk up the stairs.

"Night. " I mumble back. Once I reach her bedroom I am irritated to find that Hunter is no where to be found. However I could hear the shower was softly running from next door. Well, he obviously cared so much he had to shower for Maria.

Who showers this late anyway?

Placing Maria gently onto the bed, I pull the duvet over her. As I am about to walk away a small hand holds mine in place, tugging at me lightly.

"Stay." She breathes out. Her words slurring, and something about it pulls the strings of my guarded heart.

"I can't." I phonate back.

"Then take me with you." She tugs harder on my wrist, bringing her face too close to mine.

"Hunter." Was the only thing I could comprehend. The shower stopping that very second, indicating that whomever was in the shower was about to exit any minute.

"Please." The desperation and hurt, from within her tone was not going unnoticed. Would I finally be able to sleep if I was comforted in a blanketing warmth created by someone constant? Not someone just for a night.

I place a small, quick kiss on her lips before I articulate, "Get some sleep, Maria."

I have no idea what has come over me. Being this affectionate did not seem to be my forte. It feels so foreign, this feeling that's building within me. I don't like it. It feels right, but I absolutely hate the feeling of being vulnerable again. Just something about her made this happen.