Chapter XXV

XXV.

'And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb. And I know she'll get the best of me, the worst is yet to come...' ~ Can't feel my face by The Weeknd...

Maria.

The sun beams lightly through the peaks of the curtains that shelter our bedroom. The sleep in my eyes seeming to cause struggles for me to stay awake. I felt no heat wrapped around me, though I was now used to it; Hunters touch, nowadays, seemed to be flat and full of coldness.

I turn to see Hunter laying, his hands to himself. Maybe I was a little disappointed that he hadn't even thought to embrace me while we slept.

As I start to get up from the plush mattress I feel a stirring from beside me. "Good morning." His voice rasps.

"Hi." I reply weakly, before getting up and grabbing my clothes.

I turn to exit towards our bathroom, until Hunters voice stops me. "Are we okay?" He asks, so desperately.

"I don't know." I answer honestly.

Our whole relationship was crumbling and I didn't know if I had the energy to pick up the pieces.

Once I finish dressing myself I head down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Everyone sat stationary, at their seats on the breakfast table. No one saying a word.

"Oh Maria, how did you sleep darling?" Robin asks me, as I sit besides Harry.

"Just great. How about you?" I reciprocate his question, sweetly.

"Good." He takes a bite out from the pancake on his fork before speaking again. "We are heading to the beach again. So make sure you all are ready before noon."

Soon everyone stuffed their faces into their breakfast, and as quickly as breakfast started it also ended.

Hunter had already made his way up five minutes ago, Harry and I stayed to help clear away the things.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the other night. I was being a bit immature." I apologise to Harry, as we amble up the stairs.

"A bit." Harry scoffs before turning to me with a smug grin. His face was coming way too close, as his lips soon reach my ear. "However I think you should know: if it was up to me, princess, I would have fucked you right there and then." He speaks, hotly. tending to massage my earlobe with his teeth.

Harry moves up the stairs and enters his room to pack his things for the beach, and I stand there repeating his electrifying words into my mind. imprinting them permanently.

I then scamper to my own room, ready to pack for this long day ahead of us.

Sun shimmering on top of the beautiful even looking waves, that's also heated up the small sand grains that now lie beneath my feet. The sky was clear, a light breeze forcing its way through my waves.

We were all alone. Louis wasn't here to disintegrate the building tension between Hunter, Harry and I. Anne and Robin left us, saying something about enjoying themselves. I didn't mind though, all I had to do was set my things and just stay. I would listen to my music or read my book, nothing special.

I watched as Harry would go over to multiple people and greet them with simple hand shake or with words inaudible for my ears to hear. As for Hunter he was glued to the seat next to me. When I said I wanted time alone with him I meant all of him, like the old us. But here we are sitting as if we are two stranger that only met yesterday.

"Maria?" I was dragged out of my daze, a concerned looking Hunter starimg right at me.

"Huh? Did you say something?"