Chapter XLI

XLI.

'I wanna sing a song, that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart...' ~ Another Love by Tom Odell

Maria.

"Hunter, I really don't know what to say." I express. On the one hand I am thrilled at the expanse of Hunter's love for me. He loves me enough to propose, and of course we had thought about our future together and getting married before, but maybe because of that it didn't seem to appeal to me right now.

Or it was just Harry. I was falling for him, and there was no denying it. But looking at him right now... I could tell he really had no care for me in the first place, no matter the words he expressed to me. It was all a game to him. He would sleep with Darcy moments after he would tell me how much I meant to him. There was no pint to it at all.

"Oi Haz, you still coming out?" Louis barges in. Jeez Louis, couldn't have thought of a better time, could you? "Wow... Am I crashing something?"

"Come and sit here, sweetheart." Anne beckons Louis towards her, sweetly, as she again goes back to relish in this moment. Louis follows her instructions and stares at me with wide eyes, as if saying no.

The attention is then brought back upon us. "Say yes, please baby." He pleaded me.

This was a man that would take care of me, this was a man who would never hurt me. Hunter should be the one for me. Hunter is the one for me. He keeps me happy and safe. Harry could not care less, I keep thinking to myself. Harry is bad news. He will keep hurting me and God knows where I will end up with him.

Everyone's stare was deep and threatening on me. I was nervous. I should probably contemplate my options. Play Hunter for the rest of my life and never be fully happy, or be happy and not live a life of lie, but live with judgement? However I could learn to love Hunter again, Harry won't be around to mess it up a second time, that way I will be happy and honest.

Harry, out of everyone, was shooting daggers into my side. His stare was expressionless and I couldn't read him.

"My knees are starting to ache, babe." Hunter winces in pain.

"Yes." I breath, making my decision all too quickly.

"What?" Both brothers are on their feet, and both look so surprised.

"Yes, I will marry you Hunter." I smile, keeping eye contact with Hunter and no one else. With shaky hands Hunter retrieves the ring and slides it on my finger, all too quickly.

Anne makes her way over to me and squeals, embracing me in a large heart felt hug. "Congratulations, honey."

"Good on you mate." Louis patted Hunter's back, with a sad smile while looking back at the living room door.

Robin comes over to him second, also squishing him in a large hug, both laughing like happy bunnies.

"Louis, where is he?" I ask as soon as Anne let's go of me to get the celebratory beverages.

"I would leave him be for now, Maria. I can't imagine what this is doing to him right now."

"Oh Louis, please tell me you aren't in on it too? This is so ridiculous." I sigh, rolling my eyes. "I thought you were my friend."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Louis asks me, confused by my outburst. I take Louis by the arm and drag him out to the hall with me.

"Harry has been playing me this whole time. Don't deny knowing it. You are the only one he would tell." I hiss at him.