Chapter XLVI

XLVI.

'But you don't know what hell you put me through, to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you...' ~ To be alone by Hozier

Maria.

The second I was out of my flat, I rushed towards my car. Stepping into it and starting the ignition, I raced down the parking lot and straight towards the high way. If I rushed my speed a little more I would be at Manchester in three hours, but I didn't want to gain a ticket since I was still on the streets of London, but as soon as I can I would.

My mind would keep racing towards the pessimistic side of things. The way Louis was shaking on the phone really had an impact on me, it had me thinking the worst, and usually I wasn't one to promote negativity.

The traffic, thank god, was no where as bad as I made it out to be. So with being on a motorway and the convenience of low traffic gave me a sign that I would definitely be within Manchester's premises by two and a half hours, since I had now been on the road for thirty minutes.

My phone buzzed lightly from the seat next to me. I grab it to see it was a text from Hunter. Are you okay? It was ironic that I was seeing Harry in the hospital because he was in a car wreck and here I was checking my phone. Nevertheless I was sure that Hunter had now convinced himself that I needed space because of him, our relationship was really taking the turn for the worst.

I decided to text him later, when I'd found a stop sign or something, I need to stay alive if I am going to meet Harry. Instead I call my mum, keeping my eyes on the road, and putting her on speaker phone. I guess I just want reassure her just in case Hunter calls. After what seems like years she finally answers.

"Hey baby." She answers, in her usual chirpy voice.

"Hey Ma, how are you?" I reply, trying to mask the rasp in my voice.

"I'm good, what about you? Are you crying?" She asks. I knew not to hide anything from her, she knew me too well.

"Ma, that's why I called. Harry is in the hospital and I'm going to see him. I need you to go along with what Hunter says if he calls you okay?" I haven't talked to my mum in so long and that means I haven't had the chance to explain what had occurred during my stay with the two brothers.

"Oh no, what happened? Is he okay?"

"He had a car accident, and I'm not sure if he's okay." I cry to her. She was probably very confused as to why I was crying so much over a guy I hardly knew, well that was probably what she thought. But truth was I knew this guy better than his own mother, I valued that with my heart, and that made my heart hurt a little.

"Pepita, I don't mean to sound inconsiderate but why are you crying so much? You told me he was vile." I want to laugh at the memory, however she sounds genuinely concerned.

"Mum, there is a lot I haven't filled you in with." I chuckle through the tears, honestly I just sounded like a dying pig. "I think I'm falling in love with him, Ma." I end up sobbing.

I had been reiterating this thought for many days now, and at first I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to just marry Hunter. I just wanted it to start and end as a summer fling, but he was so captivating. Mind consuming, really.

"What? But Hunter?" She doesn't sound annoyed which is good, but she doesn't sound happy either.

"I don't know, just please do what I asked. Please." I wasn't even pleading. I was begging.

"Okay, but as soon as you get time tell me." I reassure her that I will and we end the ending the call. In the meantime, I wipe the tears flowing down my cheeks.