Chapter III

III.

'You got that James Dean day dream look in your eyes // You got that long hair, slicked back white t-shirt...' ~ Styles by Taylor Swift

Maria.

Hunter and I eventually lowered down the stairs upon hearing the front door open and then close, a few minutes before. We guessed that maybe his father was downstairs.

We walked into the living room to see a deep scowl on Harry's face, his facial expressions looking bothered and incensed. Robin and Anne sitting on the sofa opposite him, they also looked frustrated and impatient.

"Hey Dad." Hunter called, as he walked us towards the unoccupied sofa that was currently in between Harry and his parents.

"Hello Hunter and Maria, darling." His face lit up at the sight of me, causing my delicate heart to warm.

"Good afternoon Robin, sir." I smiled. Robin and Anne were like second parents to me, and I appreciated them dearly for that.

"Maria, don't call me that. You know I feel old when you call me sir." Robin laughed, making my cheeks warm a little. I nodded my head gently, smiling at him. Robin then nudged his head towards me as he glared towards Harry.

Harry let out a deep, exasperated sigh.

"I'm terribly sorry for my behaviour earlier. I'm Harry, Hunter's brother, it's a pleasure to meet you." He reached his hand out for me to shake, as he wore the most sarcastic smile. I leaned forward and reached my hand out to shake his, nonetheless.

Guess it's the best I'm getting from him.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Maria, Hunter's girlfriend." I smiled warmly at him. Sitting back against Hunter, my hand placed on his chest as I sunk my side back into him.

"That wasn't hard now, was it?" Robin seems let out a sigh of relief. Harry just stared at his father, and if looks could kill.

"Right, now that, that is settled, let's head for dinner." Anne beamed, a little happier than before.

We all headed towards the dining table. I took a seat next to Hunter, Harry sat opposite me. I quickly got up and headed for the kitchen. Knowing full well the help Anne deserved.

"Shall I take anything out?" I asked. Anne was gathering the food together, and I think it's safe to say that she went well out of her way with dinner.

"Oh yes, please dear. Could you please take the plates and cutlery inside? They are sitting on the island." She asked, sweetly. "I can handle the food."

"Of course." I grabbed the plates and cutlery, heading into the living room to see all the men sitting on the table. Hunter and his father are in deep conversation, whereas Harry just sat all by himself whilst on his phone. I set the plates down and started to lay them out.

"I bettered go out and help her. She will have my head if I let her do it alone. Be nice." Robin says, specifically towards the boys. It makes me wonder why the two brother's despise each other so much.

"Thank you, baby." Hunter smiles up at me, as I place his plate and cutlery down. Harry scoffs at our interaction. Both of us look towards him, but his attention is still on his phone.

"Food is served." Anne and Robin walk in with trays of food, and did it look lavishing. I moved to place a plate in front of Harry.

I leant down, placing his dishes subjacent to him. I felt a hot breath trickle down my neck, sending mental shivers down my spine. I looked at Harry, his face incredibly close to mine, his beautiful emerald eyes boring into mine, then glancing down to my lips. He slipped his tongue out, dampening his own. I'd not noticed how beautiful his eyes were, a lighter shade than Hunter's were. I felt something right, a warm cosy feeling entering through my veins, but I ignored it and pushed it away.

I stood up quickly and made my way back to my seat. I couldn't ignore the fast beating of my heart, pounding against my ribcage. I have no idea what just happened.

"Are you okay, love? You seem quite flustered." Harry smirked from across me, while he spoke.

"Oh yeah- I, uh- I'm fine. Just can't wait to dig in to the food. It looks delicious by the way, Anne." I tried to cover up my flustered mess up.

"Thank you, lovely." Anne grinned at my compliment. Even though it was used for a cover up, the food did look amazing.

"So Maria, dear, how have you been? How's school?" Robin asked, as everyone started putting food on there plates.

"I've been good, thank you. My education is going fine as well. My Principle allowed me a week off, to start the holidays early." I replied, giddily, taking a bite of the chicken on my plate.

"Isn't that wonderful. Maria studies at Oxford University; she's mainly studying in music. Something you used to enjoy Harry; playing music." Anne phonated, graciously.

"How lovely." Harry replied, acrimoniously. He rolled his eyes before continuing to eat. Feeling extremly uncomfortable and embarrassed, I look anywhere but Harry.

I don't understand why he doesn't like me. I looked below, Hunter had put his hand in mine amid he squeezed. I looked up and saw him giving me a reassuring smile.

"Are you all packed for tomorrow then?" Robin clapped his hands, meanwhile he questioned.

"Yes." Both the boys mumbled, chewing their food.

"Whats happeneing tomorrow? Where are you guys going?" I looked at Hunter, confused.

"You havent told her, Hunts?" Anne asked Hunter.

"Isn't that just exquisite." Harry laughed, looking maliciously at his brother. "What else have you not told her, other than me being your blood? Huh?"

"Harold." His father snapped at him, giving him a warning glare.

"Whatever." Harry muttered. "I'm not hungry anymore. Lost my appetite." He pushed his chair back and charged upstairs to his room.

I only noticed, now, how quiet Hunter was being.

a/n

Hi... Well I guess I updated.

Please if you are liking it; vote and comment an stuff, ya know? I just worked so hard. It sucks really...

Anyways, I wasn't sure about this chapter but hopefully it's not going too fast, or slow?

All the love to those who make me feel better .xx
~ FineMelodyxx