Chapter L

L.

'I will swallow my pride, You're the one that I love, And I'm saying goodbye' ~ Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera...

Maria.

The line went dead. No. That can't be. He can't be dead.

"Get her out of here." Dr Turner yells, giving the man I love CPR, hoping to revive him.

Everything was happening in a blur, doctors rushing to Harry's side, and nurses ended up helping to prepare what ever they were going to do to him.

I love you, I wanted to scream at him. I'm sorry it took me so long to realise. But it was too late. My body was limp, the nurses holding me up guided me through the exit. I love you. I kept repeating in my head.

As soon as I was out of his room Louis looks at me with tears streaming his eyes. "What's happening?" He looked like a lost little boy, every word so delicate as they rolled his dry tongue.

"He's dead." Was all I could muster before I fall to the ground. I wasn't able to hold myself. God, I love you.

"No. He can't, he wouldn't."

"He's gone, Louis." I sob into my hands. "He's gone."

I've never felt this kind of pain in a long time. When I had lost my brother, Isaac, my world shattered. Now my heart was slowly breaking into the many pieces that had not healed yet.

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to fucking kill him." His harsh words through me off a little. He was ready to bolt out of this hospital before a hand grabbed a hold of his arm.

I looked up to see Darcy, her face drenched in tears. I almost forgot that she was still here but that wasn't what was important right now. "You can't, Lou. Not yet. Then I swear we will all go." She was angry.

"Call everyone, and tell them to come down asap. Even Zayn." Louis stuns both of us by saying. We need to tell them. We need to tell everyone.

Anne. Robin. Hunter. Oh god, what would I say? I didn't want to be the one to do it. I couldn't be the one to see their faces, their broken faces, when I could hardly hold the pieces of myself together. 

Darcy seems to act upon Louis' order with such speed. Afraid that his built up anger, broken heart, would cause an affect that either of us can't stop.

"Louis. " I call for his attention. "What're we going to tell Anne?"

He freezes, looking to my face with a sudden sadness. In a second he was by my side, sitting on the floor beside me. "Let's not worry about that now. The doctors still need to finalise everything." He quickly embraces me when the tears fall again.

"I want him back, Lou. We didn't even get to say good bye."

"I know, babe. I know. So do I." He hugs me tighter. "I won't even get to tell him how much his farts smell like death, or what a bastard he is. Or how he was such a shit friend, but I still stuck with him because I liked his aftershaves, oh and his food was good too. He was a good cook." Louis chuckles, making me smile a sad smile.

Doctor Turner walks out of Harry's room, his head hung low as though he seemed defeated. Louis and I were up on our feet in seconds. "I think you kids should take off home. It's late." He sighs.