Chapter LXII

LXII.

'So far away but she says I remind her of home, feeling oh so far from home...' ~ Carolina by Harry Styles!!!

Maria.

Once we had landed in Manchester I couldn't help but feel all the more cautious. I felt like Marcus was going to pop out anywhere and take Harry away from me. I stayed close to him, my hand wrapped in his as he held it around my shoulder as we made our way out of the airport.

We hop back into my car and Harry drives us back to his house. Louis ended up riding with Darcy, Liam and Niall. I was kind of glad I was alone with Harry but then again I wasn't. I was nervous about this plan Harry was convinced that would work. I didn't want to doubt him but like he said before it would be nearly impossible. I was just worried. He said so himself a while ago it was a long shot.

"You'll be careful right?" I question, speaking up for the first time in a while. He kept looking over at me, to make sure I was okay the remainder of the ride to his home.

"Maria, you know I will be." He says with a huff, but I could sense a bit of amusement lacing his tone. I was worried out of my wits and he found it hilarious that I was worrying for him.

"I'm just a little paranoid. It's just you told me that talking to him wouldn't work by a million miles." He stiffens, removing his hand from mine and my heart sinks at the absence.

"I'll be fine." He says, in a grumbling tone. I couldn't tell how far away from his house we were but I could tell after this discussion it was going to feel longer than it should have been.

Harry's sudden shift in demeanour has me worried.

"You don't sound like you'll be fine." It was his tone. Something about it had me regretting this plan of his for him. Why wasn't I satisfied with his answer?

"I'll be fine Maria." He growls, turning left sharply. I clutch onto my belt, and seat in hopes that I don't hurt myself.

I'm beyond livid at this point. He could've killed us. He nearly died driving and now he wants to be reckless. "Are you crazy?!" I squeal. "Have you not learned anything about reckless driving?"

"Maria, the more you talk the more my head throbs. Just shut the fuck up for a minute." He bellows, and I look at him completely stunned.

"Wow..." I breath, huffing with disbelief.

"What?"

"Just to think I thought you were changing." I scoff, looking out of the window. Suddenly the grassy lands of England became far more entertaining than the person I was in love with.

"I told you this from the start, I'm not changing. Not for you. Not for anyone. It's impossible." Harry retorts and I can't disagree with what he is saying, but my heart hurts a little knowing that he hadn't even tried to change and adapt to me a little.

"I don't even care anymore." I mutter, going back to staring at the cows that were scattered around the field.

"Maria." Harry groans, hoping for a response but I just ignore him. 

After half an hour more of driving, and through silence, we are close enough to to Harry's home for me to know where we are. Not a word was exchanged after. I mean Harry made failed attempt to try and speak to me but I just couldn't. He would huff and try again ten minutes later, and I wouldn't respond because my pride was too large.