Chapter XXII

XXII.

'I just wanna be good for you, good for you uh huh...' ~ Good for you by Selena Gomez

Maria.

Yesterday, I guess, was a bit of a joke. Hunter and I only made small talk, seeing as I still wasn't pleased with him. Although he seemed to get more agitated when I spoke to Harry. Not that he had to worry, it's not like Harry cared to speak with me.

"I will see you guys later then." Hunter grabbed his keys and wallet, strolling towards the door.

"Wait." I spoke, my face full of dissapointment. "You said we would spend the day together."

"Sorry babe. I will be back soon." He kissed my forehead, leaving before I could so much as ask where he was going. "I promise."

Huffing, I walked back into the living area. Anne looked up at me with a sad smile.

I wanted to be able to spend time with my boyfriend, lavish in his presence. Spark our relationship back to old times. Hunter was being distant, he is now being distracted by himself to even fufil in his own relationship. He hasn't had time for me ever since we got here. He hasn't even tried to make me feel better.

I will admit that I haven't engaged myself around him either, but when is he ever home? He promised me we would spend the day in each other's company, however he obviously would rather be with his friends than me.

My intention is not to come across as too clingy, but why would it be so bad that I wanted quality time with the man I love. I want us to be okay, like before. Before Harry.

I just want to see my mum right now.

Harry stood, brushing himself off as he spoke. "I'm going, too."

"Where?" Robin asked, with a skeptical tone.

"Out."

"Take Maria with you. Poor thing looks bored out of her mind." Harry looked at me, a fearless scowl planted on his face.

"No." He stated, lowly, facing his mother.

"Otherwise, you can stay in too." Robin continued, his eyebrow raised.

Harry laughed, lifting his arms sarcastically. "I'm twenty fucking years old, 'dad', did you know that? Of course you didn't. You couldn't even give a crap less where I am at. You aren't even my dad." The way he spoke caught us all off gaurd. "Let's go."

Yes, we know that Robin isn't his actual father, but it shouldn't give him the opportunity to disrespect Robin's parenting. He'd been a great father figure to Hunter.

I clutched my bag, slinging it over my shoulder, following behind Harry. "You know, you didn't have to speak with him like that." I speak, shutting the door behind me.

He spun in his spot, facing me. "Mind your own bloody buisness, okay?"

"Sorry. Where are we going?" I spoke sincerely, trying to change the subject. When we passed the gates of the beach house I lightly jogged to keep up with Harry's fast pace.

"A pub."

"Why?"

"Shut up." He turned to face me, again, intimidatingly. His beady gaze had me shrinking down to my toe, before he continued walking.

Building to building, we passed, I followed after Harry. He refused to engage in any type conversation, repeatedly telling me to "be quiet" or that I was "doing his head in". Not that I thought anything of it, I found it amusing when Harry would become agitated towards me.