Chapter XXXIV

XXXIV.

'You're the only one I need, when it gets hard to breath...' Crowded room by Cailee Rae

Maria.

The car comes to a halt as soon as we arrive back at the beach house.

"Get up!" Harry growls from the front, opening his door and once again slamming it shut.

My fight was lost within the miles drive back here. All the tears have dried up and I feel as broken as ever. It hurts to know someone I care about deeply betraying me in such a way, but then again I would become a hypocrite if I thought like that.

"What?" Hunter speaks out of bewilderment.

"We are home." I sigh, unbuckling my belt.

"Maria, please listen-" I exit the car a walk towards the now open front door.

My feet carry me towards the living room, where Harry is sat, rubbing his spacious hands over his face. I could physically feel the stress radiating off of his limb body.

I could also hear the crashing of Hunters feet, due to his drunken tumbling he was knocking anything that came his way. As soon as he arrived where Harry and I now sat, Hunter automatically drags himself down to the sofa nearest to him.

Hearing the racket from inside, Anne and Robin both walk into the living room with wine glasses being held in each hand.

Their confused faces gave me the upmost pleasure of replying.

"We found him." I articulate in monotone. No expression painted out on my frown; a frown that seemed to be permanently etched on my face. 

Anne observes him for a small amount of time before she speaks in shock. "Is he drunk?"

"I'm not drunk!" Hunter growls, soothing his aching temples.

"That's why we found you outside of a bar fucking-" I turn swiftly, silencing Harry before he could blurt out anything unnecessary. Of course it was a hot topic for us to discuss but I had no intention to do in front of his parents. Harry looks back at me with a look of bewilderment, as if saying 'are you serious?'

"I will stay with him. Anne and Robin it's okay, you should go enjoy yourselves." I smile, a broken smile. Anne gives me a sympathetic look, before her and Robin comply and leave the room.

"I thought we were going somewhere today?" Harry questions, a hint of anger lacing his tone.

"I need to take care of him." I state, trying to help lift up the half unconscious Hunter draped around my neck.

"Right, because that makes sense. You saw him nearly fuck a girl in front of you. God knows what they were doing inside! You know what- God knows what he does when he tell you he's out with his friends." Harry screams. I ignore the last part, knowing Harry was probably filling my head.

"I can't just leave him like this, Harry."

"You are so fucking naive. That's what he wanted all along Maria. What's it to me though? Go fuck your boyfriend. Oh wait- he already has... Funny it's not you though." And with the loud lecture, that broke my heart in half, ended and Harry stomped out of the room. Slamming the main door shut, Harry leaves the house.

A small tear leaves my right eye, highlighting my cheek. Suddenly I let go of the now fully unconscious Hunter, now laying on the sofa again, dropping to the floor with loud sobs erupting from the back of my throat.

~

"Slow down mamita! Breath for a second." I take a deep breath in, all the while drowning in my mothers voice. "Now tell me. What happened?"