Ispesyal na Kabanata

Short Special Chapter

To the woman he will give his heart

Sai Everly,

I have known your name from him. My only son who loves me dearly. Your name is Sai Everly... Maligno.

I thought of you as nothing, as someone who would be forgotten easily. Little did I know, you would be my biggest competitor of his love. Tinuring kitang kompetensya. Dahil doon ako magaling, to compete for everything... to compete for attention... to compete for validation... to compete for love. I'm not even an athlete, pero madalas ako ang maghabol. But the funny thing is, I never won. I was a loser. I was always the second option, the second choice.

You were like the wind, I never got to see you as a woman, as a person, your potential, but your importance is visible to my child. Handa ka niyang ipaglaban kahit sa akin na mismong ina niya. Mali man ang halos lahat ng desisyon ko sa buhay, at least Cadence got it right.

Isang bagay na hiniling kong sana ganoon din ang Papa niya. Iyong hindi duwag, iyong kayang ipaglaban ang gusto niya, iyong ipagsisigawan sa mundo ang kung sino ang mahal niya. Kahit hindi ako.

I wasn't that heartless before. I gave him a chance. I gave him a chance of choosing what was his heart's desire instead of choosing me. Ayokong piliin niya lang ako dahil may anak kami. Come to think of it, I wasn't selfish as I am now. I love the idea of being loved. All my life, I didn't have someone who really did. I was just a trophy, I guess.

He chose me. He chose us. Turned out, it was for the sake of business and our child.

We were both victims, I was a victim of loveless marriage --- not really, I loved him. He didn't. You were a victim of me.

Oo na, choice ko ang mag-stay. I was stupid enough to think that his heart could change in any day we were together. Of course, hindi. Dahil ni isang araw na magkasama kami hindi niya ako minahal. It was always her. Just like it was always you for my son.

I was succumbed by pain and turned me into a monster that I am today. I considered you as the devil who got my only source love. Ititigil niya ang lahat para sa akin, until you came along.

I'm sorry for all the deeds and crimes I have done to you, your family and your sweet child. You don't have to take it. Hindi mo kailangang patawarin ako. I just want to say sorry. Your anger is valid to all the things I did. I would have said it to you in person, but I'm too prideful. Pride na lang ang natitira sa akin.

My actions were wrong. If I can't be loved, I'd be something else. A monster. I chose to be one.

The truth is, you were my insecurity. Nagmahal din naman ako. But why am I wasted? Why am I not loved back? Gusto ko lang din naman maranasan ang bagay na iyon. Pathetic.

Cadence loves home-cooked meals, but I'm a terrible cook. Paminsan - minsan lutuan mo siya. Alam ko namang pag-aaralan niyang magluto para sa'yo, pero lutuan mo rin siya ng pagkaing may kasamang pagmamahal. He would love that.

Even the villain has a story. And mine's tragic. Sai, this is gonna be our dirty little secret. You are bound not to tell this to anyone, even your husband. I'm ill. I have no time to spare. This time, I wouldn't compete for that attention.

To the woman he will give his heart, cherish it. It has pure and unconditional love --- one thing that he got from me.

To you.

Be happy.

Sincerely,

Oleya Bettina