Chapter 1

Lydia's POV

My head hurt but that was okay. I didn't care. My feet hurt too. But again I didn't care. I pulled my jacket closer to my body. Then I looked up at the sky and blinked to keep the water from blurring my vision.

I then found an alley and sighed in relief. I shook off my jacket before rapping it tight abound me while sitting. I pulled out my lighter and a pack of cigarettes. I lite one and watched the smoke leave my vision. I repeated this until I was left within only the bud.

I flicked the bud across the alley way. I set my head back on the concrete wall. I tried once again to hold back tears. I hit my fist on the ground and let out a small shriek.

"Hello?" I heard a voice ask. I quickly covered my mouth and tried to breath quietly.

"Hey I know someone's there." I sigh and take my hand off my mouth as I see the figure come my way.

"Oh I'm sorry ma'am." He says and notices that I'm looking away.

"Are you alright?" he asks sitting down next to me. I shake my head. His brow furrows.

"Do you have a place to stay tonight?" he asks and again I shake my head. He sighs and stands up and I know he's going go leave.

He puts out his hand to me. I stare at it and don't move. He sighs and speaks.

"Come on. Take my hand." He says to me. I take his hand and he pulls me up. I'm close to him and I can't hear his breathing. He smiles at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You can stay at mine tonight." I pull away from him and shake my head.

"I couldn't." I protest. He laughs.

"No arguing. You coming." He says taking my hand.

"Fine. " Then we walk down the street with my fingers laced with his.

"So what's your name?" he asks.

"Maddie." I lie right threw my teeth. He smiles but then drops it.

"You don't have to lie." He says and I look down.

"Mines Reece. Names Reece." He says to me and I smile.

"Now tell you real name." He pushes and I flush.

"Lydia." I say and he smiles again.

"Pretty."