Chapter 27

Reece's POV

I clenched my fists and tried my hardest not to chase Lyd as she ran out of the room. I love her and all but I can't have her seeing me like this. I don't even want the guys too but I have to talk to someone.

"Come on." Case presses and Jake hits him.

"I couldn't do it. I'm sorry. Her- the rapping. It's my fault. I just couldn't handle it." I whisper a bit and I still stammer. They all look at me with wide eyes.

"Reece, mate it wasn't your fault." Jake says touching my shoulder and I brush him off.

"Yes it is. She asked me to go with her. And I told her I didn't want to. If I had gone with her than none if this would have happened. She wouldn't have been hurt. I- it's my fault." Tears pour from my eyes and I shake.

"It's still not your fault. Mate unless your the one who rapped her its not your fault. It's not hers, its not your. The only person at fault is the guy who did it to her." Jake says in a stern calm voice. But he's wrong. It is my fault. I should have been there for her. I should have protected her. She's been so much and didn't deserve any of it.

"Reece you have to promise us that you won't do this again." Barclay speaks from across the room with his arms crossed over his chest. I don't answer.

"Reece." He says and I shake my head.

"Answer me." Tom grabs his arm and I shake my head.

"I can't do that Barc." I whisper staring at my shaking fingers.

"Why not." He says more as a statement than a question.

"Because I can't lie to you guys like that." He sighs at my response and Chaz flinches beside me. I force a weak smile.

"I can't lie like that. I can't tell you that I'm fine. That everything's gunna be okay when I don't know if it's gunna be. I know there's something wrong with me. I know I have no reason to be like this. My parents are together, happy. I have Lexi. I have you guys and I get to do what I love every day. And yet I still feel like shit. And now I have Lydia everything's a bit better. I don't feel so alone. We're both so broken. I don't know anymore." I ramble on and they all listen.

"Reece it's not stupid." Chaz says and I snap.

"Yes it is! I have everything I ever wanted and I'm still not happy!" i yell out. He doesn't burst out into tears but continues talking.

"They're feeling they aren't stupid. It's okay to feel bad. But it's not okay to scare us like that. Mate we really thought you were gunna do it. And I don't know what I'd do if that happened." Now he's crying and I hug him.

"I'm sorry." I cry and he nods into my neck. Then the other pile on and we all hug. Everyone's crying, even Jake.

Now I just have to talk to Lydia.