Chapter 10

Lydia's POV

"I was six when it happened. My dad died fighting in the military. My mom lost it. She fell into depression and couldn't support us." I almost chocked trying to say the next part.

"She sold me. Well not me but my body. To anyone who would pay her. Sometimes it was sex. Sometimes it was labor. Sometimes a punching bag. Others it was all three." I say shuddering. He didn't say anything but placed his hand in mine.

"No one said anything as family reunions. My mother was still close with my fathers side of the family after he died. I think there was no way my grandparents would go without seeing me. But still they never suspected a thing." I say almost chocking on my own disgust.

"I was then thirteen when my mom died of cancer. I was put into the system. And it wasn't until I faked getting adopters when I wasn't fifteen that I got out. I hated that place. It made everything worse."

"Now I'm back where I was before. Doing what my mom originally signed me up for. Most of it now is sex. It's disgusting and degrading. But there's nothing I can do about it. I can't survive without doing it." Tears roll down my face and Reece quickly dismisses them. He kisses my cheek and pulls me to him.

"Well now you don't have to. Your staying with us." He says and I shoot up which causes his to give me a strange look.

"What?" he asks me with concern laced in his voice.

"I-I c-can't do that Reece." I stammer out. He rolls his eyes.

"Nonsense. Your staying." I try and protest.

"We'll talk about this in the morning. Now lets go to sleep." He says standing.

"Reece." I call for him before he leaves.

"Yeah?"

"Stay."

And he doesn't he slips into the bed next to me. His hands running over my hips again. He sighs in relief when he finds no new cuts or scars. But what he doesn't know is that the only reason there armed any knew ones is because I can't find anything to cut with.

I just sigh and snuggle closer to his warpath. Pulling a tad on his shirt. I breath in his scent and go to sleep feeling safe for the first time in weeks.