Chapter 20

Lydia's POV

He didn't say anything. Just sat there. Then looked up gave me a serious look.

"That's not something you should joke about Lyd." Then he tore his gaze from mine.

"I know." I whisper and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Then why are you?" He asks I a whisper.

"I'm not." I say in a whisper a bit applauded that he would think I'm lying about this.

"Yes you are!" He roared at me, startling me a bit.

"Yes you are, yes you are." Then he sunk to he ground and repeated it to himself. I sat down next to him and his arms were tight around me.

"Reece I'm not lying." I say in a low voice even through I want to yell at him. He sniffles.

"I know. I guess I thought if I believed hard enough than it wasn't true. That I could trick myself." He says stammering a bit. I smile at him weekly.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you baby." He says rapping his arms around me. I snuggle into him and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck.

We sit like this for the longest time. Close and neither speaking. Then he does.

"We have to tell the boys."

/////////////
A/N
I'm sorry it was so short I'm just really upset right now and I needed to get my mind off of ZAY FREAKING MALIK LEAVING FUCKING ONE DIRECTION!!!!

I hope he's feeling alright and that everything's good with his princess Perrie. And I hope our fandom survives this. I will never forget him.

No matter what One Direction will ever be the same.

RIP the original One Direction.