Chapter 14

Lydia's POV

A vase smashed just above my head as I came in. A small gasp exclaimed my mouth. Reece spun and looked at me with wide eyes. He then fell down apologizing. I couldn't help it. Even thou my head said to run I went to him.

He was shaking and telling me to get away. That he was a monster. That I needed go leave. I wanted to know what had upset him before. Not this.

"Reece." I say softly once he starts to calm down.

"Tell me what's wrong." I say into his neck. I can feel his pulse and it's raging. He almost looses it.

"I just almost killed you." He exclaims grabbing my head. Not hard but running his hand over my hair.

"No why did you come up here the way you did." I say to him with a small shake of my head.

"It was nothing." He says ignoring it.

"It wasn't nothing. Whatever it was it upset you a lot." I say trying my point. He sighs and runs his finger threw his already ruffled hair. He hadn't fixed it since this morning.

"Why do you care?" he snaps at me and lightly pushes me off of him and stands and begins go pace.

"Reece of course I care." I say to him trying reach out to him. But he moves from me.

"No you don't." He says with a miserable tone.

"How can you say that?" I ask trying not to cry.

"I told you how I feel and you rejected me. You don't care!" he yells out.

"I didn't reject you because I don't like you! Jeez Reece you don't get it! I told everything about my past and you don't get it! I yell back to him. He scowls and responds.

"Then tell me! I'm a guy I don't understand girl!" He yells back at me.

"I can't leave my world! And I won't drag you in with me! Not when I don't ever want to be there!" I yell with all my might.

"Why can't you leave?" he asks a bit quietly.

"Because." I say just above a whisper.

"Why not?" he asks taking my hands in his. I pull away and yell my response. Finally admitting what I knew was true but never wanted to admit.

"Because I'm afraid!"