Chapter 31

Lydia's POV

Things were better between Reece and I. We were both alright. Or at least he was. I wasn't. I faked smiled and acted like I was okay.

We all laughed as Chris almost dropped the eggs. I smiled a bit and forced it to be wider. I held Reeces under the table. He rubbed his thumb over mine.

We finished breakfast and Reece took both out plates up. No matter how much I protested and said I could do it. There was a sharp knock on the door and Casey stood to go get it.

"I'll get it." He mumbles and walks off. He comes back only moments later with a look on his face.

"Who was it?" Jake asks covering his mouth as he spoke.

"Actually it's for Lydia, and they're still here." He says and I wipe my mouth, stand. Reece does the same and follows me.

We go to the door and I'm very confused. I'm was taken back when I see my grandfather and grandmother. Both from my fathers side I grab Reeces hand tight for support. He puts his mouth to my ear.

"Who's that?" he ask softly ad I turn my head a bit to whisper to him.

"My fathers parents. My grandparents." His eyes widen and he tightens his grip on my hand. I place my other hand on our hands. We approach and my grandmother bursts with joy.

"Lillian darling!" I cringe at my birth name and Reece scowls for a moment but lets it go.

"Hello grandfather." I say in a small voice.

"What you guys doing here?" I ask trying not to sound rude but failing. But before my grandmother can say antsy thing my grandfather does.

"We came to see you." I nod and hold onto him more.

"Arnold don't lie to the child. We came to see you yes. But we came to take you home." I'm shocked and I rock back onto the heel of my feet ad grasp Reeces hand harder.

"W-what?" I ask in pure shock.

"Honey we came to take you to Ireland with us." She says in a sweet voice.

"No. You can't." I say shaking my head.

"Oh honey we can. And we will." She was in a surprisingly harsh tone for an old lady. Before I reply Reece does.

"Mr and Mrs..."

"Kinish."

"Yes Kinish. Would you like I come in so we can discuss this in private." He says politely but I reply before they can.

"There isn't anything to discuss. Because what they want they're aren't getting." I snap looking at him. He gives me a pleading look and I sigh.

"Would you come in. It would be a delight to have you." I say trying as hard as I can to be nice. My grandmother nods mad comes in. Turning so Reece can take her jacket. He lets go of my hands, kisses my forehead and does so. My grandfather takes off his own jacket and hangs in next to his wife's. We then go to the living room and sit. Reece and I on one couch. My grandparents on the other.

"Now lets talk about this like gentleman and ladies." My grandmother says crossing her legs. I almost snort.

"You can be a lady. I'll be Lydia." I say sitting how I please.

"Lilli-"

"Lydia." I correct her and she made a displeasing look and looks to my grandfather who clears his throat.

"Honey we don't think it's appropriate for you to be living with eight teen age boys. One of which is you boyfriend." He says and I smile weakly at him.

"I appreciate that grandpa. But I'm fine here. Now you can leave." I say standing and Reece pulls me back down. I sigh.

"A young lady should not be living with eight men! This is disrespectful in the name of The Lord! It makes you look like! Like a" Don't say it.

"Like a! Like a slut!" She yells and I stand.

"Okay. I can sit and listen to you tell her to leave. But don't call her that. She's nothing like that. So I kindly ask you to leave." Reece says standing in front of me. My grandmother looks appalled.

"I beg your pardon?" She asks and I'm sure if she was a man Reece would have yelled at her. I grab his hand to keep him calm.

"Please leave if you wish to speak to my girlfriend like that." He speaks clearly and through gritted teeth.

"She's my granddaughter. I will speak to her however I wish." She spits at him.

"Not like that you won't." He says holding my hand behind him. I hold it just as tight.

"Fine. We'll leave. But if this girl does not have a legal guardian then I will sue each and everyone of you and your little friends." She hisses and grabs her jacket. My grandfather throws each of us an apologetic look before leaving.

The minute the door closes behind my grandfather Reece's grabs my face in his hands and kisses me. I hum against his lips and play with the nap of hair on the back of his neck. He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine.

"Don't listen to her. You not. I swear you not." He says breathlessly. I nod and kiss his lips quickly.

////////
A/N

Oh holy drama!! I hope ever once liked it! I bet that got you blood pumping! Huh?

Vote.

Comment.

Instagram: @aye_reece_nutella or @morganallen1109

Twitter: @carrotqueen459