Chapter 19

Lydia's POV

I laid down in Reece and I's bed. My head hurt and I was still shaking. I wasn't sure if Reece could tell but I sure hoped not.

His arms rapped around my waist made me nervous. Not because he was holding me but because I was afraid he would find the marks that the man left. I didn't want to tell Reece and I had no intentions of doing so. His head rested in the crook of my neck. And I wondered if he could tell the difference between his bites and the mans bruises.

I couldn't sleep. And who could blame me. Even with Reece to protect me I still couldn't. And I knew with Reeces temper that he would defend me with his life.

I didn't want to tell him and nor war I going to. He would think low of me. Think that I was disgusting. That I didn't try to fight the man off. Which I did, but he was stronger than me.

Reece stirred beside me and shut my eyes. His head lifted off my shoulder and I could feel his gaze on me. He then kissed my temple and mumbled to himself.

"I know something's wrong. Now why won't you tell me?" he asks himself and I don't move, trying y best not to look like I'm awake. He sighs again and his head comes back to my shoulder. I stay still until his breathing slows and steadies.

****Next Morning****

My eyes flutter open and I realize that I must have passed out from exhaustion. I feel arms around me and tense again. Then I remember falling asleep with Reece next to me like any other night and feel like an idiot.

"Hey." He whispers nuzzling my neck. I smile and hum in response.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask him looking at his face.

"Good, but I would have felt batter if you'd tell me what wrong." He says and I sigh. Then look down at the sheets. Rolling that silk between my forefinger and thumb. He takes my hand and the silk slips from my finger.

"Please. I won't be upset." He says and I know he's lying through his teeth.

"Your lying. You don't mean to be but you are. This would- this would ruin everything." I say fiddling with his fingers loosely. He shakes his head.

"Nothing you do could ever make me that mad." He says just above ad whisper. I shake my head a tear slips out. I wipe it away before he can.

"Yes, yes I could. " I say. His face drops.

"It can't be that bad." He says looking at me and I widen my eyes.

"Yeah it is. " I say and he draws his eye brows close together.

"Reece please." I say resting my head on his shoulder. He puts a hand in my hair. Tears are now poring onto his bed shirt.

"I'm sorry but if its making you this upset I need to know." He whispers caressing my hair gently. He kisses my head and I let out a sob. Then I place my lips on his quickly and pull away. He smiles and touches his lips.

"What was that for?" he asks and I frown.

"I wanted to be the last one to kiss you before I killed you." I whisper and he chuckles. But soon stops when he sees I'm serious.

"Reece." I grab his hands in mind soft and squeeze them. Clench my eyes tight and let it out.

"I was raped."