Chapter 25

Lydia's POV

I stepped with caution as I approached the edge. I didn't think Reece knew I was there, but if he did he didn't care. Before sitting down beside him I take a deep breath and tell myself not to look down.

I sit beside him, looking out over the city. The sight makes me shudder. I then look at Reece. His hands tight on the edge of the building. His head turns slowly to meet my gaze.

"What are you doing here Lydia?" I knew he was upset. At me I could tell but I couldn't tell why. He had never once used my full name when speaking to me directly. So this threw me off.

"Hey Reece." I say.

"What are you doing here Lydia?" he asks again as if I've said nothing. I try not to look at him like he's crazy. (A/n Tate. Sry had to.)

"I came to talk. Are you alright?" I ask hoping the answer is yes and we can leave now. But because my life sucks and nothing ever goes right the answer isn't no.

"I am I suppose. My girlfriend got raped when going to get coffee. I should have gone with her. She cuts and is suicidal, she told me. Well not by choice I presume, merely because I found the cuts. And yet I couldn't seem to tell her that I do the same. That I night I met her I had been going to kill myself. Funny isn't it?" He sounds as thought he's talking to himself. And I do believe he's lost it.

"Reece can we come away from the edge." I stammer out hoping once again for a yes. But again my life sucks and nothings that easy.

"No I want to jump." He says and I grab his hand. He doesn't react. Just kicks his feet lightly and looks down.

"But I can't. I just can't seem to do it. Do you want to know why?" He asks with a small smile.

"Why?" I ask, he sighs with a smile playing on his lips like a small boys who's just done something terribly wrong.

"Because I love her." He says as a matter of factly. I look at him.

"Oh really?" I ask ad he nods with that same smirk plastered across his face.

"So if you can't then can we leave?" I ask hopefully. I really wanted him to be safe and for me to get far away from this edge.

"No. Are you nuts?" no but I think you are.

"Why not?" I ask him.

"Because eventually I will be able to jump. For a moment I'll realize that she doesn't love me. And I'll be able to." His words break my heart.

"She does love you." I whisper and he scoffs.

"Oh please. She does not. I mean look at me in a wreck." He lets out a dry laugh and I grab his arm just in case he falls by a chance.

"Well look at her. She's a wreck. I mean she hides it well, but without you she'd be right where you are. She needs you Reece. I need you." I whisper the last part almost to myself. He doesn't say anything and I know that bad. So I grab his face and place his lips upon mind.

"I love you" I whisper and he pulls away looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"I love you too, that's why I have to do this." He says kissing my noes trying to let of of me. But I don't let him.

"If you jump. I jump." I says and he freezes. Fear rushed through his body and his eyes flicker to mine.

"No way Lyd. Not happening. I'm jumping you not." He says trying to let to again. I still don't let him.

"Here are your options Bibby. We both jump and fall to our death together. Hand in hand. Or neither if us jump and we can go back to our flat. Cuddle and spend time together." I say giving him his options.

"Lyd-" I cut his off.

"Pick one. Both of us or none of us." I say grabbing his face again. His face falls. But he doesn't answer.

"Reece think about your sister. Little Lexi. She'd be broken without you. That little girl would have no one to come to web her heart gets broken. No one to break the crud out of a jerk that breaks her heart. Or you mom, she'd loose her little boy. Her first born at that. Your dad, your middle name is his first. They love you Reece." I say but he still doesn't answer.

"The fans. You love them. You know how much you mean to them. You saw how bad the Directioners got when Zayn left. And he didn't die, he just left. Now imagine your fans. Sitting there crying because they couldn't do a thing. You've saved them and they'd blame themselves for not saving you." Still nothing was said but tears fell from his eyes.

"And the boys. Come on. Your part of them. They wouldn't be a band. Jake would fall to the streets again. Chris would leave and never be heard from to any of the boys again. Charlie would flunk out. Casey would be London's biggest playboy. Barclay would have I fix cars again. Tom would have to work with ten year old shots on Footie. James would sing in a small cafes and dive bars." I say trying to show him. More tears came from his eyes.

"And me. I love you Reece and I'll shout it from the too of this building if you come down and come home with the boys and I. You know how I was before. And I'll be worse. If you die so do I." I finish strong and hope I got to him.

He rises to his feet and stands in the edge. Looks over it and sighs. His feet totter for a moment and I get ready to go to.

Then he turns around mad walks of towards Charlie. Who opens his arms to Reece. They hug and rock back and forth. I smile. Charlie's crying and so am I.

I just saved a life.

////////
A/N

Sorry it was so long. Ps it's really late right now. Xx vote COMMET and keep reading xx