。15 。

-"And I don't know why I actually expected sympathy from Poison Onyx herself

-
"And I don't know why I actually expected sympathy from Poison Onyx herself."
-

Natasha parked outside of the hospital, running inside. Her body nearly collided with Nova's who looked completely out of it, deep in thought as her and Steve looked to Fury's body where he was being seen to.

Natasha stood by Nova, tears filling her eyes. Silently, Nova slid her hand into Natasha's, giving it a small squeeze. It wasn't a lot, but it gave the red head enough to know Nova was there for her so she squeeze her larger hand back.

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha questioned, staring at the surgery.

"I don't know." Steve answered honestly.

"Tell me about the shooter." Natasha stated, her hand gripping Nova's so tightly the ebony haired woman through marks from her rings would be left there.

"He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." Steve listed and Natasha's head flipped towards Nova.

The former assassin looked down at Natasha and nodded ever so slightly in conformation. A shaky breath left the red head's mouth and Nova brushed her thumb over Natasha's knuckles, hoping to soothe her a little.

"Ballistics?" Natasha requested, voice shaking a little bit.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria replied.

"Soviet-made." Natasha and Nova mumbled together.

"Yeah." Maria nodded, a bit confused at their knowledge.

Doctors suddenly started to swarm to man on the table. Their shouting was loud through the glass, defibrillator being requested. The atmosphere got more and more tense as the doctors fumbled around.

"Don't do this to me, Nick." Natasha whispered, leaning into Nova who kissed her head, comfortingly.

One shock.

Nothing

Two shocks.

Nothing.

"Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me." Natasha pleaded under her breath.

Nick Fury died at 1:03 am.

Steve and Maria left the window while Nova stayed with Natasha for a second. The red head stared at his dead body, tears filling her eyes at the sight. Nova pressed one last kiss to her hair before they both left the room.

Nova stood by the wall next to Steve, her hand subtly slipping the USB stick into his pocket. Steve looked at the woman in shock but she didn't turn to him, just keeping her eyes on Natasha.

"I need to take him." Maria spoke up, standing next to Steve with teary eyes.

"Tasha." Nova mumbled, moving towards the red head.

Natasha placed her hand on Nick's forehead before quickly leaving the room. Steve and Nova followed, the blonde calling her name making Natasha spin to them.

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha asked, looking up at both of them.

"I don't know." Steve lied and Nova sighed knowing the male was terrible at lying.

"Cap, they want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D." Rumlow stated, moving towards the three of them.

"Yeah, give me a second." Steve replied, glancing at the man.

"They want you now." Rumlow continued and Nova nearly punched him for being so insensitive.

"Okay." Steve nodded, slower, showing his irritation.

"You're a terrible liar." Natasha stated, looking at Steve before turning to Nova. "And I don't know why I actually expected sympathy from Poison Onyx herself."

Nova's eyes raked over Natasha's face in pity before she gave her a strained smile at the name. Natasha stalked away, feeling slightly bad for spitting Nova's assassin days at her but she didn't show it.

Steve placed a hand on Nova's back, trying to comfort her, knowing how much Natasha meant to her and how hard it was to lie to her but Nova just pushed his hand away, sighing to herself before straightening up. As she was taught to.

"I'm gonna go home, Steve. Clean up a bit." Nova stated, voice monotone before she left the building, going home.

{631}