。27 。

-"Me and nutter are one

-
"Me and nutter are one."
-

Groaning softly, Nova shuffled over in her sheets, the thin material bunching around her waist. Sweat beaded at her skin making her puff out a frustrated breath in her sleep. It was winter in England but there was a problem with her boiler causing the heating to sky rocket.

Her eyes opened sharply, taking in a deep breath of anger. Crushing the sheets up in her hands, she threw them off the side of her bed but it didn't make her any cooler. If anything, being exposed to the heat made it worse. She felt as awful as the day after Venom had entered her.

Pushing herself up, she got out of bed and made way to the fridge. She grabbed a Calipo and pressed it to her forehead which made her breath out in relief as the ice cooled her sweating face. Unable to go back to bed now, she glanced at the clock.

3:57 a.m

Sighing, she made her way into the living room and flopped onto the settee, groaning as the leather stuck to her skin. Reaching for the remote, she flicked on the tele and started to watch Bad Education. Venom poked a head from her shoulder and faced her.

"You have to visit your parents at some point, Nutter." Venom stated, biting off the tip of the Calipo making Nova sigh.

"I was using that you knob." She grumbled, ignoring his statement and continuing to watch the tele.

"I thought the reason we came to England was to see them. You made me leave my Natty." Venom growled, impatient with the woman.

"We'll see Natasha soon enough, V. And I'm planning on seeing my parents tomorrow, does that help?" Nova sighed.

"Thank you." Venom smiled triumphantly, sinking back into her shoulder.

As said, the next day, Nova got ready to see her parents. She couldn't remember them at all, not even a face. She hoped they'd be as nice as she wished. Maybe they'd invite her in for some coffee or something. Even hug her hello after all the years.

She thought about it a lot in the shower. Whether it would be a mistake to go and should she just stay in her small apartment and eat ice cream until she couldn't any more. As much as Venom liked ice cream, he persuaded her to go.

So, Nova tugged on some skinny ripped jeans and a Nirvana t-shirt on with a checked shirt over the top.  Pulling on her combat boots, she grabbed her motorbike keys and left the apartment, locking her door behind her.

The drive to her parents took about three hours. She was staying in a small town in Warwickshire while her parents lived in the south of England. So after a few stops for petrol, and chocolate for Venom, she arrived at her destination.

Pulling off her helmet, she stared at the house in front of her. It was hard to find and behind a few trees but she'd found it and it was gorgeous. The cottage was painted white with a thatched roof, ivy going up the sides. Diamond shapes were on the windows and they had white, laced curtains behind them.